HB Donut Shop

Motor

turbolou said:
Gary does that inter cooler honestly really work any better than the stock one with a bigger neck. My guess is that it doesn't. it would be interesting to test the difference by measuring pressure drop & temp difference across the core which I feel isn't as efficient as the stock design. it was established early on that the stock core worked well the inlet being the biggest draw back.Its just that they tried to squeeze too many rows in such a tight space.
In turn causing a restriction & pressure drop causing the turbo to work harder creating more heat. I may be off base here & really hard to know without some back up testing. So this is only an assumption based on past experience. Lou

Long time No hear LOU thanks for the great job on my motor even it was a baskit case when you got it looking to get some alky work done :rolleyes: :cool:

To Gary

Wells said:
I wasn't going to disconnect your wastegate.
I was going to sugar your gastank and set the race for a month or so down the road.

well i missed out on the meet you guys doing it again this weekend i will be there two other friends one with a gnx one GN and t type what time does it start and end :smile:

turbolou said:
Gary does that inter cooler honestly really work any better than the stock one with a bigger neck. My guess is that it doesn't. it would be interesting to test the difference by measuring pressure drop & temp difference across the core which I feel isn't as efficient as the stock design. it was established early on that the stock core worked well the inlet being the biggest draw back.Its just that they tried to squeeze too many rows in such a tight space.
In turn causing a restriction & pressure drop causing the turbo to work harder creating more heat. I may be off base here & really hard to know without some back up testing. So this is only an assumption based on past experience. Lou
---------------------------------------------
I really think that it works as good as a stock dutt necked unit, and I think that it would work better than a stock dutt necked unit on something more noteworhty than my car. I also think that the thunderfat will not heatsoak as bad as a stock dutt necked unit, but we both know that I will never have a heatsoak problem on my car. It also has a better resale value. Now as far as being worth the differece in price, that will have to remain to be seen down the road. We both know that it is overkill as my car is set up currently. And we both know that I am not exactly thrilled with the quality built into the unit, or should I say the quality not built into the unit. Next will be the PT & E unit which is almost 2 bills more and serious overkill for my car. I would not want you or anybody to construe my observations that I am in any way unhappy with your work on the installation. And everybody knows that my assumption is based strictly on gut feeling and not even on past experience.

GNBUICK87 said:
well i missed out on the meet you guys doing it again this weekend i will be there two other friends one with a gnx one GN and t type what time does it start and end :smile:
------------------------------------
Starts about 6:00 Am and ends about 8:00 AM, hopefully, the San Diego boys will be able to drop their C**ks and grab their socks and find their way up there. I am planning on being there. I think that some other turbo Buick guys are planning on going. How many miles on that GNX? Looking forward to meeting everybody and/or seeing everybody again.

San Diego is Coming

Wells said:
------------------------------------
Starts about 6:00 Am and ends about 8:00 AM, hopefully, the San Diego boys will be able to drop their C**ks and grab their socks and find their way up there. I am planning on being there. I think that some other turbo Buick guys are planning on going. How many miles on that GNX? Looking forward to meeting everybody and/or seeing everybody again.

Our C**ks will be dropped and socks grabbed, up and ready to roll.
I havent met everyone, but the guys who went from here said they all had a good time. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

GNBUICK87 said:

What the hell? Where are all these cars hiding? :confused:

So, I gota drive all that way (3 miles) again? :p

Well, alright...

Guess Im gonna have to wake up (I work a second shift) and see all these Regals show up..I'll bring mine. :biggrin:

It was a sight to see this morning so many buicks in the same place at once.We should get together like that more often. Maybe some of you guys should come down here to s.d. come check out the showing at quailcomm or even run your cars...its only 1/8th mile but it would be great to remind people what these cars are about..Just a thought....

Had a good time meeting everyone

We could have had at least 20 of us there, there were about 6 more from out here that could have went, just either couldn't because of previous plans or just didnt want to get up at 3 in the morning. One day we should definitly get all of the Turbo Buick guys that we know and put a huge one together. Record breaking numbers. It was funny because two older gentlemen came by and said in a joking manner," This is a conspiracy" talking about all are cars that are never seen.

a couple pics from today

PDR_0788.jpg

PDR_0787.jpg

enjoy...

till next time

I have some pics from a few weeks ago that I posted on turbobuicks.com I was wondering where all of you guys were hiding. Now I know....here are the pics. They were from two weeks ago, I should be there this coming up weekend...that is if I am not training all friday night like I was this week.

Attachments

• 2006_0107Donut21-7-060034.JPG
    2006_0107Donut21-7-060034.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 2006_0107Donut21-7-060037.JPG
    2006_0107Donut21-7-060037.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 2006_0107Donut21-7-060042.JPG
    2006_0107Donut21-7-060042.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 2006_0107Donut21-7-060045.JPG
    2006_0107Donut21-7-060045.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 2006_0107Donut21-7-060047.JPG
    2006_0107Donut21-7-060047.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 74
SS Valley, thats Ben from out here in San Diego

Ssvalleyboy said:
Hey who'se is the two tone brown on gold T? Just curious because i love two toned T's
Hope you get your car fixed to meet you at the next one.