Corvette

My dad owns a 55 k mile 77 vette my brother bought a 96 CallawayGS 450hp supernatural #1 of 3 to try an beat my stock long block GN an now he wont even race me

2QUICK2B6 said:
My dad owns a 55 k mile 77 vette my brother bought a 96 CallawayGS 450hp supernatural #1 of 3 to try an beat my stock long block GN an now he wont even race me

Ha classic

No excuses if I do lose.

Or if you get busted.:eek: The cops where I live are pretty good guys but if I'm doing some real power tuning I get way out into the boonies where the roads are smooth and flat and I can see for a LONG way.

I try to do my heavy stuff at the track but the times do arise when there is a street altercation that is usually from a roll which is not a real problem for my car since it spools quickly, hooks well and stops well. 40 to 100MPH in mid 4's and pulls 28MPH in the last half of the track just the way I drive it around town running 93/methanol.

Thanks for the "Like".

I'm all for taking on ALL real sreet race comers, ALL day long, EVERYDAY, ANY time in a 1/4 mile run.

A real Steet Car, just like mine.

No bar, no cage, no narrowed rear end. No purpose built street car.

The only "safety" equipment I have is a driveline loop, making my stuff "true street" and dangerously stupid.

My car is available to me as a DD any day of the week if one of my real DD's somehow fails me when I need to get to work one morning. It has seen some miles.

I drive it somewhere at least 3 times a week , and it's inevitable that I get a few "WTF" looks but I always get a few "Thumbs Up" expriences every time I roll her out.

If the street ain't long enough for a full 1/4, well, I'll just beat you by that much more.......

Bring it.o_O, but it better be a 10 second car.

I'm jus' sayin'.

My street Cars really need a roll bar to be safe... 10's arent safe... I have working ac cruise an get 23 mpg in the TTA with a non lock up with 84# inj GN has been 10's im tryin to make the unthinkable 9 sec pas with the TTA

My street Cars really need a roll bar to be safe... 10's arent safe... I have working ac cruise an get 23 mpg in the TTA with a non lock up with 84# inj GN has been 10's im tryin to make the unthinkable 9 sec pas with the TTA

Honestly, I couldn't be more with you on all of it. My combo should support a 10.3 but I just won't be able to justify that to the (very forgiving) guys at my home track.

The thing is my car really is a street car.

It's pretty, it doesn't sqeak, doesn't rattle, it doesn't quit running for no good reason, (well, most times it doesn't, but it IS a TR) it doesn't smoke or leak.
It does, however, run like a raped ape.

Lou Czarnota built it, so enough has been said about that.

Nick Micale helps me maintain it.

Together, I have about 100 years experience keeping my lil' car tuned and running.

"It don't get no better 'n that!"

I'm a lucky man.

P.S. My cruise, AC/Heater , column shifter w/ line lock button and power split bench seat, recently installed 80#'ers and 6765 all work perfectly together....:D

10.53 @128 has been the best pass so far and I wasn't driving. The guy who was driving was in the seat for the very first time. He's a regular TB racer there and they damn near banned him from the track. :eek: again, this is without a bar, cage, notched rear end (coming soon) or very many "hard" parts.

Wait, I lied, well, I didn't lie... I just forgot to say there's a stroker motor, built trans and Auburn Posi/Moser Axles in there as running gear.:D

Oh, and CAMIROCZ, the Chicken has an eerily similar setup. As I said in an earlier post, you might want to start over......

The coolest part is, there's a bunch more in her.:cool:

Thanks for reading......

Camirocz,
Welcome to the board. ;)

I don't want to come of mean by any means, but back in the day it was proven that the "Kenne Bell intake" actually made the car run slower. If you make a nice pipe system or get yourself a nice cold intake from one of the vendors here, it does help. Just make sure that the air filter is nice and cool & out of all the heat from the engine compartment.

I cant believe this thread has gone this far. Lol A lot of Sh!t being slung. Good reading!!! Oh and I would love a piece of that Corvette once "The Chicken" has laid its egg. ;)

Oh Ooops... Great kill!!!! It's always a bonus when you get the bird ;) but far worse to get the a "hang loose" sign. :p

That was so damn funny..
(My first wife was a red headed Spanish woman who could throw dishes with deadly accuracy.)
i spit my oatmeal all over my desk....LOL

She was a lefty too....made it really hard to judge her sliders and breaking pitches...:eek:
Bob n' weave....bob n' weave....

I have a 70 series turbo, 83# injectors, GN1 aluminums, 224/224 roller, big throttle body, front mount, Razor's alky, ME-R thumbwheel (18/24 timing), Vigilante 3200. Can get 25mpg on the highway and drive it anywhere I want with the A/C on and stereo thumping. Mine is a "street" car and at 21psi is an 11.4 car at 4800 ft elevation in the desert. I have a lot of boost left to give her and more thumbwheel positions to go from where I run it at all the time. I once read someone on here posted "this car will hook in a wet carwash" and that is how my car acts. :)

camirocz said:
meanchicken i have a buick as well i m telling you that dont underestimate the vettes.And to you c navoid 87 with your logic we all may as well stick $15000 into a pinto or a vega ,run 8 seconds and say we have the best car in the world.Performance is also about handling and braking thats why some cars cost $200 000 dollars.They dont necessarily run nine seconds in the quarter mile.They are both good cars with a different purpose ,you guys shouldnt strereotype people just because of what they drive.

My IQ dropped 60 points reading this

Can someone please explain how a single turbo car can have a true dual exhaust? I didn't think it was possible.

groumoutis said:
Can someone please explain how a single turbo car can have a true dual exhaust? I didn't think it was possible.

The wizard in the turbo makes this possible