Corvette

GNeric

Absolutely KILLED a very new Vette after work today. Went to check my mailbox about 2 miles away from work. He exited the highway and was waiting at the stop sign where he could enter the street I was on. He waited for at least 45 seconds and then pulls out at the last second into my lane. I quickly checked my blind spot and moved over. Doing right at 35mph and I hear him get on it and get next to me so I hammered it and the MT's hooked (thank God) and I sling-shotted out past him and stayed in it for a good 30 seconds at least. When he finally caught up, I saw him in my mirror and he gave me the finger. I waved back and gave him a thumbs up. :)

Nice, no way a corvette busting up a ricer moved?? Lol they becaming more ricer like more n more every time.. Nice killed man..

This guy was probably 10-15 years older than me and I guess he is going to have a word with his dealer about the "lack of power" to be a black box... He acted like I cut him off or brake-checked him. I look at it as "there is always someone faster" but I don't wait until someone is right there and pull out in front of them and then get mad when they blow my doors off. :)

They must come with a factory speed limiter of 35mph the way most of them drive around here.

Most vette guys don't race, nor do they know anything about how to turn a wrench. My other car is a vette, and I surprise people when I race them. I haven't lost a race yet...even smoked a bike a few months ago. Best ET 11.004 at 130 MPH. Not the fastest vette, but fast enough. I'm going on my 4th rear-end though. Nobody makes a good diff. At $3k a pop (not including installation), it's a huge money pit.

Most vette guys don't race, nor do they know anything about how to turn a wrench. My other car is a vette, and I surprise people when I race them. I haven't lost a race yet...even smoked a bike a few months ago. Best ET 11.004 at 130 MPH. Not the fastest vette, but fast enough. I'm going on my 4th rear-end though. Nobody makes a good diff. At $3k a pop (not including installation), it's a huge money pit.
I will second this, most don't race but they all think they have the fastest car in the world. I still have my "We brake for Corvettes" bumper sticker on my toolbox and I have a Z06.
Nice kill, remember not all people in vettes are douches! :cool:

I think some people over here are in lala land.All you guys bragging how you killed a vette.A stock corvette c6 is no slouch ,in fact far quicker than most t types or gn cars.A z06 is an even faster car than the base c6 and to hear some fo you whose cars in stock form are 14 second cars at 95 mph,you either all have super modded and super tuned buicks or the vettes you are passing by arent racing.I realize there are some very fast turbo buicks out there but surely not all of you are running 130 mph trap speeds.Do you guys ever lose a race?Let me guess only to another buck turbo right?hahahahahahah

Like I said in the other string...bring your Vette to my neighborhood so I can show you my rear plates....from a distance....:D
...and don't tell me you weren't trying when it's all over...

New guy likes to talk shit huh.lol.. Put it this way buy a vette for 50k. Ok fine is quick buy a buick for 15k. And add 35k of performance parts.. U cAn say bye bye to ur z06.. Most of this tb guy have deep pokets.. Idk what that fuk but they do. Lol.. Im one of the 11's slow tb... O well.. Z06 are bad ass tho..

meanchicken i have a buick as well i m telling you that dont underestimate the vettes.And to you c navoid 87 with your logic we all may as well stick $15000 into a pinto or a vega ,run 8 seconds and say we have the best car in the world.Performance is also about handling and braking thats why some cars cost $200 000 dollars.They dont necessarily run nine seconds in the quarter mile.They are both good cars with a different purpose ,you guys shouldnt strereotype people just because of what they drive.

camirocz,
I don't underestimate Vette's in the least...I know their potential...that's why I love beating up on them in street contests or at the local 1/8 or 1/4 mile tracks.
These threads are about a straight street races or a 1/4 mile race....not meeting up on a road coarse and hittin' the twisties....so frame your chants within that context. Also recognize that most of the feedback on another thread you're commenting on where a guy is asking if he can beat a modded Vette are favoring the Vettes chances in that specific race as long as it can hook....so take the rhetoric down a few notches and let your sense of humor blossom....

.....unfortunately....many stereotypes are very much earned....and the pouty faced stereotype of a butt hurt Vette driver who just got his lunch and doors stolen by a granny car is alive and well...
I mean.....read your own rants and ravings...
Your feelings are all hurt and panty's all wadded up over just the mere thought of other peoples Kill Section stories about Vettes vs. Turbo Buicks.
Get a grip!

How many street races hit your magical amgazine story 127mph?
Not many...
Most are over well before triple digits are reached...and by then, I'm normally so far ahead the poor Vette driver already gave up.
How many street races are on some winding canyon road?
Not many...unless you live life on a Movie set for Fast n' Furious.
Most happen between the stop lights on the local blvd.

pfffft...
You give me gas...I release it in your general direction....smells like spent methanol....get familiar with it...

meanchicken i have a buick as well i m telling you that dont underestimate the vettes.And to you c navoid 87 with your logic we all may as well stick $15000 into a pinto or a vega ,run 8 seconds and say we have the best car in the world.Performance is also about handling and braking thats why some cars cost $200 000 dollars.They dont necessarily run nine seconds in the quarter mile.They are both good cars with a different purpose ,you guys shouldnt strereotype people just because of what they drive.
I'm gonna say this once. You're welcome to be part of the board and we'll help you if you need it, but most of your posts are really negative and I'm being nice here. Remember that this is a forum about these cars and they're unique to say the least. They stomped vettes when they were new and they still stomp them. Vettes these days are much more sophisticated than they were in the 80's and 90's but for some reason they still get stomped fairly often. As far as handling goes there are ways to get a G body chasis to handle better than a vette and it's been done before. I don't see a lot of vettes in the "pro touring" races so maybe you should start taking yours to a few and see how well it does agains "lower performance" vehicles like a GN, or maybe a camaro.

Last year, with my stock engine on pump gas and no alky, I raced a modded C6 Grand Sport. The guy was talking smack so I said let's have a go. It took 4 races to convince him that he couldn't walk me, and they were all from a roll, which was an advantage for him! We tied every time and he was speechless. Now that was with my stock engine, meaning stock heads, pistons, cam, headers, throttle body etc. It only had a bigger turbo, a home-fabbed intercooler, and injectors to match and nothing more. In fact, I sold that engine complete with turbo, transmission and torque converter to a fellow board member for $2500. The bang-for-the-buck that these cars offer cannot be beat.

Hahahahahaha,i ve never seen a bunch of guys so convinced that there is only their car out there and everything else is garbage.Charlie only in your dreams will an 80s car handle better than a c6 vette.Wake up little Charlie wake up......Hahahahahahahaha,and toomanymods you had a stock Grand national on low boost with no alcohol,no down pipe, going deep 11s right?Oh god i just got here and need a vaction already.What i like is that you guys have fire in you a spunky little bunch and thats all good .I do love buick turbos too thats why i bought one.Ill see how fast it goes with the little mods it has.Hopefully mid 12s.Bigger injectors,kenne bell cold air intake straight into the left opening under the front bumper,fuel pressure regulator, the big red ignition wires,i am adding a down pipe tomorrow,brand new transmission.I will obviously be running drag radials when i try it.Wish me luck gentlemen.We have 94 octane gaz here at petro canada and i will putting some in for sure.So from now on it will be 1986 buick regal t type for the street and 07 z06 vette for the highway that way both forums will keep on loving me.

I'm gonna say this once. You're welcome to be part of the board and we'll help you if you need it, but most of your posts are really negative and I'm being nice here....

I read some place once that insecure people have a tendancy to lash out at others for seemingly no reason what soever...oh the irony....:D

Hahahahahaha,i ve never seen a bunch of guys so convinced that there is only their car out there and everything else is garbage.Charlie only in your dreams will an 80s car handle better than a c6 vette.[....
[/quote]
You are sheltered aren't you. Lot's of options out there for modernizing the underpinnings of most of the classic muscle cars thanks to company's like DSE, etc. It's not unheard of these days to see 69 Camaro's pulling more than a G on the skid pad and out slaloming so called "supercars".
We've also got a member or two giving their Turbo Buicks the Protouring treatment and doing quite well.

For an extreme example of a Pro-Touring machine...ever heard of the Big Red 69 Camaro?
Google it....absolutely lays waste to the "Super Car" crowd on open road courses and then chases down sport bikes...

Good luck on the mods...mid 12's are in reach....but you'll need to turn the boost down on the driver and turn it up under the hood or you're gonna blow your head gasket.......pun tooootally intended....
:D

FYI....we've got guys on the forum hitting consistant 10.90's on high mileage unopened long blocks... it's all about the set-up and seat time...and just being intelligent...running your car and not your mouth...etc...