Cal's Turbo LSx GN!?!

LS1TECH.com

Informative post...

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubnali
I know the flow #'s, the All Pro's are the highest, then the Warhawk. I was simply looking for some people's opinions of certain companies. If there were several folks that had bad luck with a certain brand, I would stay away...

Dare I say this, but if you want to talk to the best, I'm sending a C6 Z06 to NRE (Nelson Racing Engines) in about 2 months, they're building a 454ci LSX with twin 88's, 2,300 hp.

Build sheet for my set-up from NRE:

Warrior series
454 lsx intercooled twin turbo dual fuel technology 16 injector intake.
2300hp 2100tq race gas, 1500 hp 1500tq street trim pump gas.

Block: Gm lsx block 9.7 deck
Crankshaft: Callies Magnum 4340 forged 4.250
Connecting rods: Oliver 4340 Billet connecting rods 6.3
Pistons: Je forged pistons, 180 tool steel pins
Rings: Hell fire
Bearings: Clevite engine bearings H series
Valvetrain: Mechanical roller camshaft, 904 size roller lifters, T&D shaft rockers
Cyl Heads: All Pro symmetrical port heads 400+cfm on intakes 6 head bolts per cyl
Induction: Hogan Sheetmetal intake with single mono-blade 1700cfm throttle body. Dual injector per cylinder
Head Gaskets: SCE Copper gaskets
Fasteners: Arp
Oil System: Billet fabrication aluminum oil pan with hv pump and pick up.
Harmonic Damper: Billet cnc damper
Fuel Management: Electromotive Lap top programmable
Ignition: 60-2 Crank trigger with 4 ignition coils
Exhaust system: Stainless Steel tubular ex headers
Turbochargers: 2 88mm turbonetics tang.
Wastegates: Tial 44 mm v-band billet wastegates
Blow-off valve: Tial
Air to Air intercooler: Custom to your application
Valve Covers: Billet fabrication Sheetmetal Billet rails
Fuel system: Aeromotive fuel pump and filters
Warrior series
454 lsx intercooled twin turbo dual fuel technology intake.
2300hp 2100tq race gas, 1500 hp 1500tq street trim pump gas.

-scott wile

Lsx-gn

Car is looking great cal.I will be at the world street nationals too this year.Not sure if my car will be ready,but I have enough friends and family coming from maryland,virginia and north carolina with alot of fast cars to keep me busy.I also will be video taping and getting pictures throughout the weekend.Watch-out for the red camaro from north carolina.He is in the 4's in the 8th mile.I'm sure alot of you guys may already know Darrin.And the black 68 camaro from maryland,running good.It will be a fun time.Hope to see you guys there.:smile:

WERD! Anything the lsx can do a dart bbc can do and then some :eek: :biggrin: ;)

i dont know about that...

the new LS3 heads flow almost what dart BBC heads flow, the new LS3 block can handle major cubes... and it weighs what? 100lbs less?

since the release of the LS7 the big block is dead.

whats with you buick guys putting chevy motors in your cars?

personally i want to see one of you guys turbo the new 3.6L DOHC

It is the motor that is in some of the Cadys.
In pro import a couple years ago this motor made 1700ish on methanol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine

LY7
An LY7 in a Cadillac STS
An LY7 in a Cadillac STS

The 3.6 L (3564 cc) LY7 version was introduced in the 2004 Cadillac CTS sedan. It has a 10.2:1 compression ratio and produces 255 hp (190 kW) at 6200 rpm and 252 ft·lbf (342 N·m) at 3100 rpm. The bore is 3.70 in (94.0 mm) and the stroke is 3.37 in (85.6 mm). In some applications, including the Buick LaCrosse and Holden Commodore, the LY7 has an output of 235 to 262 hp (175 to 195 kW) and 225 to 251 ft·lbf (305 to 340 N·m) depending on the vehicle induction and exhaust system designs. Selected models also include variable intake. The engine weighs 370 lb as installed.

This engine is produced in North America and Australia.

On the Lambda crossover SUVs (Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia, and Buick Enclave) it is expected to produce 275 hp (205 kW) and 251 ft·lbf (340 N·m). The Holden Alloytec version has been modified to meet Euro III emissions standards. A 235 hp (175 kW) version able to run on autogas (LPG) has also been produced.

Applications:

* 2004 Cadillac CTS
* 2004 Buick Rendezvous CXL/Ultra
* 2004 Cadillac SRX
* 2004 Holden VZ Commodore
* 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS
* 2005 Cadillac STS
* 2006 Holden VE Commodore
* 2006 Holden WM Statesman
* 2006 Holden WM Caprice
* 2007 Saturn Aura XR
* 2007 Saturn Outlook
* 2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
* 2007 GMC Acadia

Future applications:

* 2008 Buick Enclave
* 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
* 2008 Pontiac G8
* 2008 Chevrolet Equinox (Sport model)
* 2008 Pontiac Torrent (GXP)

[edit] LLT

The 3.6 L (3564 cc) LLT is a direct injected version of the LY7. It was first unveiled in May 2006, and was claimed to have 15% greater power, 8% greater torque, and 3% better fuel economy than it's port-injected counterpart. It has a compression ratio of 11.4:1, and has been certified by the SAE to produce 302 hp (225 kW) at 6300 rpm and 272 ft·lbf (369 N·m) of torque at 5200 rpm on regular unleaded gasoline. This engine will debut on the 2008 Cadillac STS and CTS [1][2].

Applications:

* 2008 Cadillac CTS
* 2008 Cadillac STS

That is correct the driver was Matt Hartford.
They ended up making over 1700HP on methanol with
custom GT40Rs. It is getting harder to get information on the car.
It is a shame because it was sick IMO.

That is correct the driver was Matt Hartford.
They ended up making over 1700HP on methanol with
custom GT40Rs. It is getting harder to get information on the car.
It is a shame because it was sick IMO.

Maybe because it's not being campaigned anymore. Haven't seen it in a couple of years now. Shame indeed...it could've been a great alternative instead of going V8 :rolleyes: :cool:

I think some people would still need the the V-8 for their goals, but I would rather build one of these than one of the stage type motors.

i think the 3.6l might be the motor they put in the regal when they bring it back in 09-10... they already have the direct injection, they are a turbo away from a wicked motor... who knows they might make another t-type, personally i dont think they should make another GN. (a good car but dont try to ride its coat tails like they did with the GTO) i just hope they put they a good V-8 in the monte SS so us Monte guys will have chance this time.

I have been busy with promotional testing for work. Its taken lots of time away. Just over 6 months to be exact.

I have finally gotten myself in a good position with a decent schedule so im 100% back on the car. Needless to say I have not done much untill now. I have finished the Intercooler install behind the dash which turned out super nice.

The motor should be in the car withing the next 2 weeks and then is A$$ and elbows to get as far as we can.
:D

Hey Louie, do you have any pics of the IC ? I'm planning on changing my FM for a water and wanted it under the dash.

THanks

Sorry about the delay guys. I totally forgot. I havent done much work on the car as I was putting real time on the TTA instead. But here you go

Attachments

• IC 1.JPG
    IC 1.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 577
  • IC2.JPG
    IC2.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 557
  • IC3.JPG
    IC3.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 616