Cal's Turbo LSx GN!?!

Is the "new" GM LSX block in the future, or an aftermarket block? Anyone know when GM is supposed to release the raised deck version? $1,750.00 for the current LSX isn't too bad though... ;)

K.

i posted this elsewhere. The biggest reason I swapped to a V8 was to use the GN as a testbed for the drivetrain. I plan on putting everything in a new Camaro when they are released. It is my hope to have everything sorted out, so I can just drop a proven combination into the Camaro and try and be one of the first guys on the block to hit the 7's with one. I am sure I will run into many problems along the way.
Once the Camaro is running, I plan on slapping a stroked 109 in the GN and taking it back to street/strip use.

STP: Looks nice...How the heck do you adjust the rockers on that thing?

The rockers are a piece of cake. The covers you see are just cosmetic pieces over the factory covers (didn't want to grind off all the coil mounts). The factory covers come right off without removing anything else. I built the headers upward in hopes they will fit the Camaro chasis.

1BADTT: Wow it must be nice to have money

It's way cheaper then you think. I will sell you the complete engine for less than $6000.

Kip: Anybody know how fast he went with the new set up?

BPG was the first time the car went down a track. I had a boost controller problem (my mistake) and only ran it with 4 psi of boost. It cut a 1.85 60' and ran 11.56@126+ (putting my flamesuit on)

Anyone that has run faster than 126MPH on 4psi can say something... :biggrin: :wink:
(smilies added to show this was humor)

Anyway Cal the car looks amazing bro.
Best wishes at the LSX Shoot Out and Orlando this year!
Please let me know when you go for some shake down passes.

Only 6K....hmmm trade????

another pic

Attachments

• DSC00145.JPG
    DSC00145.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,467
BPG was the first time the car went down a track. I had a boost controller problem (my mistake) and only ran it with 4 psi of boost. It cut a 1.85 60' and ran 11.56@126+ (putting my flamesuit on)

Just proves you've got one hell of a gate on the car. This POS Turbonetics newgen won't get me under 24#

John Wilde: Anyone that has run faster than 126MPH on 4psi can say something

John, I always figured you as more of a freedom of speech kinda guy?
Take care, Kip

John Wilde: Anyone that has run faster than 126MPH on 4psi can say something

John, I always figured you as more of a freedom of speech kinda guy?
Take care, Kip

Kip,

Sorry for the confusion I was not in any way referring to you.
I was kind of joking, I will give you a call to catch up at some point.
Sorry for the confusion! =)

Nice clean job Cal. ;) I sure hope you bring that car out to the West Coast Nat's :biggrin: If you do, I'll see if I could get another one out there. Two V8 Buicks at the Nat's. :eek:

Running Street Nationals ?

Hey 88ZNX, keep the pics coming :biggrin: . Cal, r u taking that "thing" to the World Street nationals in Oct. ? I'd love to see it up close ! :)

Cal has plans to run Orlando this year. I have vacation planned that week so I can run also but I'm not a big fan of the track. At the speeds radial cars run now I'm a big fan of 1/8 mile racing. 180+ in a 3400lb car with a 10 point.....:eek: I'll make up my mind later.