Cal's Turbo LSx GN!?!

Cal has plans to run Orlando this year. I have vacation planned that week so I can run also but I'm not a big fan of the track. At the speeds radial cars run now I'm a big fan of 1/8 mile racing. 180+ in a 3400lb car with a 10 point.....:eek: I'll make up my mind later.

Frightening indeed ! :eek: Hey, I'm planning on going. It'd be nice to meet u guys. :)

I think Ken Smith is going too I am not sure about Michael Fell.
Man a lot of my boys will be running.
Someone better take good pictures and videos for me.....

We have an ORSCA points race 2 weeks before Otown and the season final the week after Otown. Looks like I won't race in the WSN's...not enough $$$

Who built the hot parts... inquiring minds want to know:wink: :wink: :wink:

Kip...you thinkin what Im thinkin?

Hey Louie,

Any updates on your buildup?

I have been busy with promotional testing for work. Its taken lots of time away. Just over 6 months to be exact.

I have finally gotten myself in a good position with a decent schedule so im 100% back on the car. Needless to say I have not done much untill now. I have finished the Intercooler install behind the dash which turned out super nice.

The motor should be in the car withing the next 2 weeks and then is A$$ and elbows to get as far as we can.
:D

Cal,

Are you planning on going to the GMPP LSX shootout in Memphis? If so, I'm thinking about going and might ask just for a few minutes to discuss your combo/engine.

I'm relatively set on building my own, non G-Body, turbo ls* car.

Let me know if that'll be fine and if you'll be there?

Thanks,
John

John,
I plan on being there and would be more than happy to chat with you. If you want, feel free to call me before then (321)722-1563.

Cal,

Are you planning on going to the GMPP LSX shootout in Memphis? If so, I'm thinking about going and might ask just for a few minutes to discuss your combo/engine.

I'm relatively set on building my own, non G-Body, turbo ls* car.

Let me know if that'll be fine and if you'll be there?

Thanks,
John

John, I had the chance to tune on your old GN last night at the track. Super nice car you put together.....Did the car weave bad under power when you had it? We weren't able to make a full pass at moderate boost. Frank will be swapping rear tires first. The other concern I had was the large radial tires on front. It has caused an issue in the past for me which I why I only run skinnies on the front now while at the track.

How about the rear control arms? How old are they? Do you think it's worth taking them out of the car to inspect for a possible bad bushing?

It will really run well when it's sorted out. The turbo comes in slow without the transbrake and the injectors are already at 80%dc at 20# of boost. I made one pass at 20# but the car was all over the track so I lifted a little past 330'.

Hey Dusty,

I'll send you an email directly - so as to not hack this thread.

Most everything on the suspension is about 1 year old.

Thanks,
John

Hey Dusty,

I'll send you an email directly - so as to not hack this thread.

Most everything on the suspension is about 1 year old.

Thanks,
John

Thanks, it will be Monday before I see it...that's my e-mail addy at work. Appreciate your input.

Dusty, I'd like to talk to you about a PTC converter too, so call me if you can.. thanks, John 210-323-6189

wow

Dusty, I'd like to talk to you about a PTC converter too, so call me if you can.. thanks, John 210-323-6189

Holy hijack. :eek:

Dusty is becoming well known for the PTC hook up. Cal just had us give him a call on a nice converter for a friend of ours twin turbo bbc. Did not even take a day and he had my buddy taken care of. Thanks for the great service Dusty. Considering the run around we went through on getting in touch with some of the other big converter people. I must say it is nice to do business with people who care. Cant wait to post info up soon.

I just want to see some vids of Cals car running soon with this lsx build. Then the warhawk block in the 09 camaro. Come on Cal please dont keep us in suspense.

Holy hijack. :eek:

Dusty is becoming well known for the PTC hook up. Cal just had us give him a call on a nice converter for a friend of ours twin turbo bbc. Did not even take a day and he had my buddy taken care of. Thanks for the great service Dusty. Considering the run around we went through on getting in touch with some of the other big converter people. I must say it is nice to do business with people who care. Cant wait to post info up soon.

I just want to see some vids of Cals car running soon with this lsx build. Then the warhawk block in the 09 camaro. Come on Cal please dont keep us in suspense.

I can't take all the credit, the guys at PTC are some of the best I've worked with.

That BBC is going to be a monster:eek: