Any Buick days at GIR(Madison, IL)???

I wouldn't mind meeting up myself BUT enjoying my 30th B-Day today so i'm getting DRUNK!!!!!

Rob

So who is on for wendesday?I checked the tracks web site and I think they will let me run with my quick time pros.I guess that is what they call a dot slick.If this is wrong someone let me know and I'll save myself a trip.How well do they tech ?My cage isn't certified and I think my belts are out of date.Will this be a problem?

Hope to see some other Buicks there!

If everything works out for me i'll be there. I'm getting a set of draglites from a buddy of mine so i can mount my 28x9 slicks on them. I don't think you will have a problem. As long as your seat belts work you should be ok. Where did you get your cage at. I need to get on for mine.

Rob

I took it allthe way up to Galesburg to MetalCrafters.A good friend of mine knows him and knew he would dothe kind of job I wanted.I wanted it to fit close to the body and out of site.With the doors closed you wouldn't know it had a cage at first glance.

Hey guys just to let you know that Ramchargers is doing this for the end of the month for us. They are selling there Dual Fans for $79.99 plus you get the plug in adapter at no charge, that sells for $22.99. The total price was $86.99 shipped to my address. It is posted on the turbolouge. They will only do call in orders.

Rob

:rolleyes: Well I didn't get that 9.99. Went 10.012 at 136.8mph.The 60ft on that run was 1.55 so it looks like that's where I need to be looking to improve if I want that 9.99.Hey even with all the down time at the track it was still good to see the other Buicks and it was good to meet you Rob.

Originally posted by Brad T
:rolleyes: Well I didn't get that 9.99. Went 10.012 at 136.8mph.The 60ft on that run was 1.55 so it looks like that's where I need to be looking to improve if I want that 9.99.Hey even with all the down time at the track it was still good to see the other Buicks and it was good to meet you Rob.
Hey Guys Brads car was flying last night. That car will see a 9 second pass. I think if you can get your 60ft to 1.4s to 1.50 you will see that 9 second pass. Let me know when you go back out there Brad and i'll run mine out there. Nice meeting you to. And by the way to everyone Brad is a very nice guy. He will take the time and talk to you not like most guys that have a very fast cars that won't talk to you.

Rob

I don't know a whole lot, but two things I'm pretty sure of are

1- 30 is not old!

2- 10:01 in any car is absolutely flying. Congrats to Brad T and hope you enjoy the 9's

Daviss
Sorry it took so long to get back to you...work has been a bear lately. Would like to hook up...maybe on a Friday at sonic???..let me know if that works for you...or you can just stop by...I'm the last Monticello subdivision on the east side of Hwy K going south..just email me for directions

Brad T
Congrats on your run....even with the hot humid weather....the cooler temps in the fall will yield you much better times..

Bob

PS If you think 30 is old...I turned 47 this year..is it time for a Caddy???

the fenton car show is friday, anyone going? also i heard from someone that gateway is having another midnight madness this friday. anyone know if they really are?

Cmokem-

Just read the post from last week. Sorry I missed it. One of these days I'll get out of the house.

I know right where Monticello is, I pass it everyday on my way to Hwy. 40. Would like to go to Sonic Friday, but I'm not sure. Also there is some "activity" up Hwy. 61 on the weekends that I might want to attend.

MAR has their old timers race this weekend I believe...Beswick is suppose to be there along with some others from the Illinois area

Bob

Did anyone go to the track last night? I was going to but I didn't want to take the chance on the rain thing. I pretty sure I saw Mark Brokaw last night through town.

Hey Rob,
Are you going to be out tonight? I think I am going to bring the TTA out tonight. Got the inj, DP, poly mounts, and fuel pump in. Running pretty strong now. Just have to tune.

Later,