Any Buick days at GIR(Madison, IL)???

Sweet- I'm pumped

I might be a few minutes late, I've got to go to a wake @ 5:00, but he won't mind if I leave early.

Bob- Havn't got a chance to check out the module yet, just wanted to let you know I didn't forget.

how about sunday sept 14 at mar. they have an all day test and tune.

they got a tta at a dealership down the street from my house. it looks in perfect condition. im going to have to check it out.

Originally posted by brn agn
Hey quickbrick...is that TTA at Schroeder's on Highway 94?

no its in ballwin at the bmw dealership. u know how much$ they are asking for the one on 94?

I looked at it earlier this summer (they have had it a long time) and they were asking around $24,000. It has less than 5000 miles on it...but I personally do not think it is worth that much at this time.

I stopped at Schroeder to look at the TTA and the GN that they had. The salesman was a real d!(k. I told him I wanted to check it out and I didn't want to drive it or anything. He said something ignorant like , I know you don't want to drive because you don't have enough cash. I turned around and walked out. He knew I was driving a TR because I parked right in front of it. I don't think I look like a punk kid looking for a joyride.

Anyway, the TTA is perfect. Still has the badges in a baggie, never been put on the car. Beautiful car, too bad you would have to buy it from them if you wanted it.

I received the same treatment at Schroeder's. I was driving our S-10, so I am sure that didn't help my image...but I was very respectful and the salesman acted like I was a little kid. You could tell that he didn't believe me when I told him that we owned a TTA. When I asked about the price, he had the "you don't have enough money" attitude also. Oh well.

Bob- Found the problem. I had the coil packs switched out and the thing was still acting up. Right before I threw a bucket of screws down the intake, I was leaning over the motor and put my hand on the intake to hold myself up and the car sprang to life like it was brand new. It idled smooth for the first time in weeks. When I stood up to celebrate, the thing stumbled and died. A few expletives later, I started it back up and kept it running long enough to repeat my previous steps. As I was putting my hand back on the intake, I saw a small thread showing from the vacuum line that goes to the brake booster. I removed the line and the back side had a huge gash in it. I must have plugged the hole with my finger when I leaned in . All that trouble for a G.D. vacuum line.

Anyway, I'm done with the coil. Thank you for letting me borrow it. Let me know how you want me to get it back to you. If you want, I can bring it to your house or meet you somewhere

Steve...I told you you would find the problem if you changed the coil pack...I didnt necessarily say it was the coil pack itself..lol

I'll be home on Saturday and Sunday...Ill email you my phone number if you want to swing by..
Bob

Originally posted by quickbrick
how about sunday sept 14 at mar. they have an all day test and tune.

well, anyone? ill be there

also does anyone know when this starts and ends. it just says all day on their site

I am planning on making it. I did not get a chance to change my intercooler, due to some fabrication that will need to be done but I am curious as to what it will run.

Ken