Any Buick days at GIR(Madison, IL)???

tta1401

Just wondering if any clubs or friends w/ TR's get together at the track and have a little fun and to meet new people w/ same hobby. I plan on being home in July from the sandbox and hoping to meet some new folks in the St. Louis area. I really like meeting people that really know these cars and possibly teach me some new stuff and also meeting people that I could teach some stuff to. ;) Good way to make friends.:cool: Let me know if anyone is interested in maybe getting together and having a cruise or track night. I will only be home for a couple of weeks then go back to my homebase. Lemme know if any of you are game.

I would be interested in a track day...our car should be track ready within the next few days.

Sounds good to me. That would be nice to see another TTA out there. Last time I took mine out there, people were taking those double takes and saying what the hell was that!? Made me feel pretty good.:cool: Anyone else? Lemme know.

I would be interested. I need to get some things taken care of but by July I am hoping it will be running well.

Ken

Sounds great! I know I have a few things to take care of on my TTA when I get back but I will be working on them every day and even some nights so I can get them done quickly. I hardly ever get to race at Gateway since I am stationed in Oklahoma so I have to get them done. Where does everyone usually cruise at?

I know there are a couple cruises but not sure on the nights. I have 2 young children so I don't get out much. I know there is a cruise at JJ's in St. Charles and Dairy Queen in Florissant. These cruises are either monthly or every other week. Hopefully, in July a couple of friends and I will start hitting some of the cruises. We just haven't been able to get all our cars running good at the same time.

Ken

I undersand about the kids part. I have none for myself, except for my cars.;) :D Never really been over there much. Sounds like it would be pretty fun though. Maybe you can get some of your buddys to go.

That would be cool. The friend of mine that bought my Mustang should have it legal by then and he was wanting to go out sometime. He was bummed because a lot of our friends have been selling off there cars but I got my TR about a month after selling him the car so he's happy again. His brother has a beautiful 69 Chevelle so he is always ready to go also.

Ken

im up for something. maybe someone can help me with some probs, im havin. hopefully it will stop raining and get warm out finally.

What's going on with your car quickbrick? Mine is still running slow...I fixed the known exhaust leaks...threw the stock chip back in it and it is still running pig rich. I'm hoping that the problem is the fact that my fuel pressure is still at 45 psig (Thrasher requirement) and boost is maxing at 14 psig. I NEED to do some serious tuning to this car...I spend too much time on my butt in front of the computer "bench racing". :)

Originally posted by brn agn
What's going on with your car quickbrick? Mine is still running slow...I fixed the known exhaust leaks...threw the stock chip back in it and it is still running pig rich. I'm hoping that the problem is the fact that my fuel pressure is still at 45 psig (Thrasher requirement) and boost is maxing at 14 psig. I NEED to do some serious tuning to this car...I spend too much time on my butt in front of the computer "bench racing". :)
Jess, get rid of that thrasher chip. My buddy that has the GN out there that night has a thrasher chip in it also. We went back out there that next tuesday and he ran it again. I took it out and put a TA chip in there and he ran 13.30 @ 104 mph. Compare to the 13.80s @ 98 mph, his car is bone stock accept for a new pump, adjustable wategate and adjust fuel pressure regulator. He is still running stock injectors and airbox and so on. If i was you i would put the stock chip in there and turn the fuel down or buy you a Red Armstrong chips. 93 for street and a 108 race.

Rob

Rob, I do have the stock chip back in it. I swapped it back in the day after I saw you at GIR. I just have not lowered the fuel pressure from when I had the Thrasher in at GIR. Like I said, I just need to spend some time tuning... I'm taking your advice by trying to tune the car with the stock chip first...I will worry about swapping an aftermarket chip in after I "learn" how to tune. BTW, did you get your tranny back?

No tranny yet. I talked to Vince Janis last week and he said most of the parts are in but still waiting on the rest. He told me about another week or two. If you need some help just let me know.

Rob

anyone know anything going on this weekend? i might go to the track on tuesday for my birthday if its open.

Happy pre-Birthday Quickbrick

This weekend kind of sucked. Sonic sucked. Although I heard from a friend that there was a gn w/ Torq thrusts all around that was pretty nice. I must have just missed it. Anyone know who it is? I think the Fenton cruise was Friday night but that's so far to go from St. Chuck CO.

How is GIR on Tuesdays? Excess Rice? Wednesday is not bad and guys are runnin ET Streets and drag radials. I haven't been in a month so I don't know if they are crackin down or not on the street tires.

By the way, has anyone had a boost guage go bad. I hope mine did because the other day I was on Hwy K in O'Fallon punchin off with a Mustang and as I usually do I glanced up at the BG and it was @ 24 lbs. No harm done yet and the thing wasn't even knockin. Probably should have lifted but it felt way too good. The car has run 12:80's @20lbs. I was on 110 race gas. Magical combination or time bomb?