2014 THS Rules discussion

I don't understand what you mean Tom...Do you mean the turbo isn't the limit just because the limit of the turbo hasn't necessarily been found yet?

Which one are they using now? The 6766?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The turbo will become the limit at some point, but it has not been found yet. Do I think it will go 8.50's no and you no better than that. Do I think it done at 9.50's? No. I think you will have trans issues before you find the limit of the turbo.

What is the limiting factor?
To me it is the heavy weights and the 3x2 67.
Jason went 8 something with a 67 but at 300 lbs or so lighter. I wasn't there but I would guess it was a 4x3 housing. The 200 isn't limiting anything because John P went 8 something with it too... Along with a/c. But his car is also well below the weight limit.

I'm not suggesting it, but eliminating electronic boost controllers would be a way to slow cars down in the future too. They do that in those limited small tire classes. I had an electronic one when I was running 9.7. I added that after a bunch of 9.9 passes. Really helps getting boost where you want it during the whole pass. From launch to where ever else. I'm just throwing that out there.

Kip has the final say in the rules. Figure out what you are going to do and let us know. If the car I buy fits, I will be there.

Kevin, eliminating the electronic boost controller is not a bad idea.

Some things that I've been wondering is why this class, Turbo Hot Street, is built around street cars, yet we are not required to run tires on the rear that are DOT compliant. Also there is no requirement of making a mandatory trek through stop and go traffic as required by other racing organizations that are running "street cars".

Good grief...

Current rules are good
One weight 3500 or 3550
200 trans
8.5 rear
Fiberglass hood (stock appearing)

Leave class alone after that.

Let the cars rip

Good grief...

Current rules are good
One weight 3500 or 3550
200 trans
8.5 rear
Fiberglass hood (stock appearing)

Leave class alone after that.

Let the cars rip
Agreed. I don't even care about the hood anymore. Leave weights alone no changes no one can complain.

Ive had 2 THS competitors pm about the rules and both want to it the way they are now. The class was built around 3 main items as a structure,109,2004r and 8.5 rear axle. You want to take boost controllers out and make 1 weight go for it. Glass hoods will open it up for more stuff to follow .
DDAY

I've had 3 Pm's of people agreeing with me lol

Oh come on D Day...you know you want a glass hood :)

Kevin, I would like to see you and Tom run THS, if all its going to take is a trans I tell you how to make a 200 live for free.LOL
DDAY

I refuse to run a 200. My old one lasted fine in the 9's. Think yours will if you get there? Lol

I got a 400 and converter ready to go. I'm putting together some used junk for a motor. Not going to have the funds for a 200. Already am going to have to get rid of the lower front control arms I bought that are for coil overs to go ths

Dday, you will make the hp. Just got to get rid of that old school turbo

Kevin i don't agree with the trans change but i will not oppose it either. Your commitment to race is the only one that holds water imo. When you say you will race i believe you as you have proven this in the past. The others guys are simply fos. They say do this do that and i will be there. When time comes they no show. If this is the only thing holding you up. I will give you your old 200 back for free. Produce a ths legal car and its yours. No strings attached.