2014 THS Rules discussion

Slow91z

Turbobuick.com Helper
Staff member
Guess it''s about that time again, if anybody has any ideas on changes they think would be good for the class here is the place.

One idea that has been brought forth already is making 1 weight for all cars to make things easier at the scales.

Glass hood would be nice. Good with weight being the same

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Why would you think the weight is an issue to police? During tech everyone knows who is running iron or aluminum, as long as the cars meet weight requirement after the pass, is up to the competitors. For the performance advantage that a well prepped set of aluminum heads should provide, the weight break for irons actually should not make the iron headed cars faster.

I wish that I either had a set of aluminum heads or could manage to get my 3680# car (with me in it) down to 3500#, then I may be more competitive. Sure I'd like to be faster, but who wouldn't. I am pleased with the way my street car performs, just need a little traction.

You would think that it would be easy Patrick but there always seems to be some confusion when it comes to the weights and weighing...I can't tell you how many times I have been asked about it at a race.

How many iron headed cars are at the 3550lbs? Isn't the fastest pass made by an iron headed car?

How many iron headed cars are at the 3550lbs? Isn't the fastest pass made by an iron headed car?

The way the rules are now an iron headed car can weight 3500 and an aluminum headed car has to weight 3650. I have posted this before, most iron headed cars are running closer to aluminum headed weight. Another problem is a lot of the racers are not clear on who has what combo so it is hard for them to police each other at the scales. My thought is to make all cars weight 3600 pounds and call it done. The turbo is the great equalizer anyways in this class.

I'm in for a glass hood...I could use it.

i like the idea of a single weight. strictly for simplicity s sake. having said that, idont think a glass hood should be a big deal. as long as it is finished out nicely,and isnt a 6'' cowl !

Stock appearing Fiberglass hood..

Stock appearing glass hood and one min weight sounds good. I'm hoping to be able to race this year (this means not buying anymore twin injected V8 boats or having anymore babies).

What about carbon fibre hood, since that is what I'd do instead of glass. My stock steel hood is a wavy mess, even after my paint guy straightened, painted, resanded, painted etc it 3 times trying to get the reverse pull dents from the bracing out. Once the sun hits it, it is like a fun mirror you'd see at a carnival.

Why 3600 min weight? Seems pretty heavy considering most cars weigh less than that from the factory. Why not 3500 since you already have that in the rules?

It would allow the aluminum headed cars room to lighten up and catch up to the irons. :D