Dragsters at the Nationals

JESUPERCAT

I was wondering who is interested in a Dragster class at the National events?
I will organize it, but I would like input from those interested in competing as to their ideas on rules and class set up . I have already started on sponsorship for the class and interest is very promising.
From a spectators point of view who would like to see us (dragsters) run for the money?
If anyone has any questions or coments just ask.
Thanks for looking:D

Looks good so far, now we just need a few more cars. We just need 1 more car to make an even field. I know of 2 other Buick powered Dragsters that I will try to contact soon. If anyone knows of anyone with a Buick powered dragster or altered that may be interested in the class please let me know.

So how many people would be interested in watching this class?

Attachments

• bgpict5152008-3.JPG
    bgpict5152008-3.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 282
as per our conversations...you know I am interested and is the Buick Performance Group....with new members to the Board we are looking for more interesting race classes....

Sean I know your views on the class. I am also thankful for any help you can provide in making the class a go with the BPG.

The more positive feedback we get on these threads the more it helps with gaining sponsorship.

Otto J do you have a car for the class? Either way thanks for the response.
Still looking for at least 1 more car.

Sean I know your views on the class. I am also thankful for any help you can provide in making the class a go with the BPG.

The more positive feedback we get on these threads the more it helps with gaining sponsorship.

Otto J do you have a car for the class? Either way thanks for the response.
Still looking for at least 1 more car.
No i dont but im looking forward to spectating!

Well, the Class has the GREEN light to go at the GS Nationals:biggrin: .
Barry and Mike could you email me pictures of your cars on the line?
I am trying to put some promo stuff together for the class. I also need your permission to use the photos for the class.
Does Mike Pry still have his Dragster? I had heard he had been to an event (GSCA Nats ?) and it did not go well. I would like to ask him if he would be interested in giving it a 2nd chance.
If anyone knows of any other cars please pass on the info.
Thanks

Mike thanks for the shots of your car.
I can't wait to see a group of these cars lined up together and Buick powered.
Good luck next week and have fun. Let people know they will see more of these cars at the 2 national events next year:biggrin:
I am registered to run at the California Hot Rod Reunion in Nostalgia Eliminator 1(7:60 index) or A-Fuel Dragster. I hope to see some of the west coast crowd. If anyone goes to the CHRR in October Look for the "only" Buick running in the Event, and stop by.

Don if you are there and we are In the field you are more than welcome to help I mean hangout:biggrin: . I would be more than happy to show you around the great group of people we are there with, 50 plus years of drag racing history.
We look forward to seeing you there also.

Don check out my thread in the trans section for an update to the powerglide problems.
Have you ever been in an old school vintage dragster? Let me know if you are interested and I will see about getting you in one while you are there.

Yeah. I noticed that earlier today. Len will get you squared away, I'm sure.

I have a few friends with front and rear engine dragsters. Never have sat in one though. Maybe I'm afraid if I sat in one I might get hooked. I'll be more than happy to help out if I'm needed. Or, I'll just stay out of the way and watch. Looking forward to it.

I would probably almost rather watch Buick powered dragsters than jet cars.

And I Looooooooooooove jet cars.

My Buick is slow and has doors, but I would love to watch.