2014 THS Rules discussion

You can run a 200 in the mid 9s and even in the 8s.

Sean H (THS) and John Plog (XTSM) already proved it..
I agree it can be done, but for how long? In my case I have never had any luck with a 200 in any of my cars. I have had my 400 for 4 years with no issues what so ever.

I say open it up to any gm transmission. Such as th400 or 4l60
Why not?
Take a 400, What advantage does it give one besides being cheaper to build? They take more power to turn and are heavier. It would let more people in (perhaps me :)). They don't take away from the street car theme of the class either. One could swap out a 200 and go 400 cheaper than adding a fiberglass hood. Fiberglass parts are way more race car than a th400.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I disagree that fiberglass hoods are more race car than a 400...assuming we are talking about stock appearing hoods.

So you don't think a stock appearing fiberglass hood is race car. What about slicks, boost controller with co2, aftermarket Efi, trans brakes in a 200r4, aftermarket suspension......

Didn't say it wasn't race car...I said I don't think it's "more race car" than a 400.

U can run coil on plug setup in this right

You can run a 200 in the mid 9s and even in the 8s.

Sean H (THS) and John Plog (XTSM) already proved it..
I did too so did Clay. You can also run a 109 in the 8's :) but a lot like to do it with a stage 2

Just saying it can open the door to bigger fields. I know BG isn't hurting, but the rest of the races are.

Yes the gov spring came out at tb nats several years ago.. nothing in past two years that I know of.. ;-)

Yes the gov spring came out at tb nats several years ago.. nothing in past two years that I know of.. ;-)

It is hard to keep track of your guy's stories. Lol

400 trans would really be helpful
I have a new spragLESS stage 3 ready to install from Lonnie

It's so durable I could race it half full...of Water!

Is there any opposition to a th400?

I don't think there is a performance advantage at all. I disagree with clay above about launching harder with a 400. Pretty sure John P over in tsm doesn't hold back on his 200 by the looks of his launches.

A th400 will not make you faster, weighs more, takes more power to turn, has the same converter selection. So nothing there.
Heard someone say that there has not been a 200 failure that caused a ths racer to sit out. There goes the theory of a 400 being an advantage in durability. So no gain there.
Only advantage is the cost. It is cheaper to build a 400. That in itself should be good for the class.

The gain to the class would be to let people in that may be legal everywhere else but the trans. I have a 400 now and gaurantee I will show up to at least one ths race this year if a 400 is allowed. I've already made my mind up that I'm not going back to a 200. I would like to know soon which way this is going to go. I got some decisions to make on front suspension and if I'm putting ac back on the car.

Last edited:
I'll be THS ready for 2014 and can't wait. I will be running a 2004R.
I agree with KevinB. No performance advantage with a TH400, let em in.

Can u run a coil on plug setup?? If so why can't u run a disturbter setup

Can u run a coil on plug setup?? If so why can't u run a disturbter setup

Yes coil on plug is allowed. Can a dizzy be run with the stock acc bracket? I so, can someone send me pics of their setup?

From what I was told yes. With some altering. I will see what I can come up with. Just wondering.

Just trying to figure some things out that's all. Probably won't be able to race anyway.