2011 Bowling Green THS roll call

Hope to see you there with your car Mike,Kevin and who ever else is in machine shop jail.
DDay
Got the short block together last night. A friend of mine was able to pull some strings and was able to get my block released from machine shop jail in 2 days. Not bad considering that shops back log is 3+ weeks. Had a little sticker shock on the price...that shop is the most expensive shop in the midwest though. Cool place though, you could eat of the floors.

Short block together
2011-09-23_23-37-13_567.jpg

But found this dude while using valve lapping compound on the valves
2011-09-24_14-58-37_948.jpg

If and when I get thing back together, it ought to run like it has never before with all the problems I found lol

Short block together
2011-09-23_23-37-13_567.jpg

But found this dude while using valve lapping compound on the valves
2011-09-24_14-58-37_948.jpg

If and when I get thing back together, it ought to run like it has never before with all the problems I found lol

Damn Kevin, sounds like you are having some of my luck...Good catch on the crack. Hope all goes well in BG. Not sure if I am going to make it or not.

Bryan

Damn Kevin, sounds like you are having some of my luck...Good catch on the crack. Hope all goes well in BG. Not sure if I am going to make it or not.

Bryan
It sucks but a relief at the same time. First few times to the track it showed signs that it was going to put down some good numbers in ths trim. Then it started to slow down. Could not figure it out. Turns out there were a bunch of things holding it back: valve guides, cracked valve seats, a few rings with zero tension, broken turbo etc. The horsepower will be back for bg, just wish I could be putting this money into the suspension.

Updated:

1. Kevin B
2. Dday
3. Sean H
4. Clay W
5. Lonnie D
6. Mike S
7. Sean (boostjunkie)?
8. Colin H?
9. Pat H
10. Ernie 9.5?
11. Big Head Chris
12. Bob H?
13. Dave S?
14. Marty
15. Jim TurboTnZ06
16. John S
17. Jamie
18. gnmaster2004
19. Patrick
20. Lisa

Missing anyone? Anyone on the list out for sure?

It is good to see this class growing in participation. I hope to see everyone in BG next month.

TTT

Everyone ready?

After a few setbacks, I finally have an engine. Hopefully it is running tomorrow and it stays together.
2011-10-01_20-46-47_138.jpg

Why why why..........

WHY!

why in the world would you paint that engine ford blue? does it help it run faster live longer. lol

Kevin, I have to agree with the above...WHY ??? LOL
I will send you some paint if you really need it...
I don't think my converter will work right with a blue engine..

Bryan

It's gm blue!! At least according to the cap lol.

I painted the converter to match Haha...j/k

Good luck in testing!

My intake hose got eaten in half today by my alternator! Totally bizarre. I didn't want a 3 inch intake anyways...

My garage 109 did awesome last night! Made so much power it broke the rearend! I need to find away to patch this together. Spent all my car money on putting the engine together. Looks like I will be sleeping in my tahoe and eating peanut butter and jelly at the nats this year lol.

We will make sure you can eat, but you have to spot me 2 cars if we meet up against each other.

My garage 109 did awesome last night! Made so much power it broke the rearend! I need to find away to patch this together. Spent all my car money on putting the engine together. Looks like I will be sleeping in my tahoe and eating peanut butter and jelly at the nats this year lol.

Wow nice to hear the motor is doing well. You have definitely grabbed some of my bad luck though. If my rear end was stronger than stock I would let you use it for BG. What broke?

Bryan

Had a long day of work, but tore apart as soon as I got home. Could not wait to see what I broke lol

2011-10-08_21-05-05_715.jpg

Maybe the tc is cursed bryan lol. I got a mystery tc I bought off here I may try before bg bc after all my changes this thing is still dropping to 5k.

Dday, if you are cooking steaks....we got a deal haha

Glad it's not worse Kevin...Any idea what you are gonna replace it with?

Glad it's not worse Kevin...Any idea what you are gonna replace it with?
Not sure. I want to build the rear end but dont have enough $$$ and time before bg. Probably going to be a patch job and hope for the best.