ZZP High Velocity throttle body ....Happy but Stumped!

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
Finally got my stuff together with a new ACDelco boost solenoid and made it out to the track friday for a little TnT. There was an event the next day so the track was extra prepped, meaning NO excuses for bad launches etc. The weather for my experiment was perfect and identical to my previous event visit before the HV TB install....9pm, 84 degrees hot (didnt catch the DA #s tho). First pass still a little warm off the highway drive 13.313 @100.61 with a 1.899 60ft. OK, Not the "near .2ths or 2mph" advertised SO FAR... However, considering my Slowest time was 13.399 @101.57 hot off the highway drive to the track the last visit, thats already a 0.086 improvement! Maybe I'm on to something? But that low mph haunts me. Now, time to get serious....I sit out an entire sportsman round to let the car cool off and hopefully get a chance to run a new 5.0 coyote Mustang to scare the crap out of. No dice...lol. BUT, last pass of the night...near 2000rpm launch and Mash the pedal to the floor! (none of that full second ease to WOT Crap here!) 1.889 60ft and 13.248 @ 101.17!
ballandchain.gif
that Dam mph again!! Alright, lets sum up. If my worst pass prior to throttle body install was 13.399 VS 13.248....thats an improvement of 0.151 !!! Awesome Sauce for the ET...but mph has me Stumped! might be knocking on the top end and dont know it yet. NEED to get a scan gauge!!! lol
Mods so far are....
ZZP High velocity L67 Throttle body
ZZP 180 thermostat
ZZP Wizaired
ZZP 1.9 stock rockers
ZZP Modular pulley 3.2 (track) 3.3 street
ZZP 1.0 PCM
ZZP power pill (Dont laugh this thing WORKS!!)
ZZP poly motor mounts
4-3 gallons of sunoco 110 (none of that e85 stuff... i like my 30mpg thank you!)
Ebay OBX Pace setter header chinese clones (shiny crap)
Electric 3" cutout at downpipe
NGK TR8ix iridiums gapped at 48
Hoosier 225/50/16 Drag Radials on polished Pontiac GTP wheels (19-20 psi if the track hooks)
My goal is to walk into the 12's when it gets down into the 60's in winter XD! I'm running out of excuses to either get an intercooler or Gen V or cam ..... or just say F*ck it and go turbo!
Meanwhile I still have a 10 sec 86 Ttype in the garage looking at me and saying "WTF...When is it MY turn???" =(

Last edited:
very strong times for mods and especially for hot weather like that.

Trap is low vs the et - your getting down the track very efficiently , falling off at the traps or both I would say to get that et/trap combo.

Is there significant weight reduction on your car ? if not your doing something pretty awesome I have seen similar et's full weight on same mods but not at 85* more like 40* and at sea level , high baro -1200to -1500 da ish

GEN V not 100% needed.. ZZP fullsize Intercooler works well. We had my buddies non cam setup down to 12.4's on 93 octane and gen3.

Need a tuner tho to take advantage of it all. Canned tunes only do so much. Get your timing/afr corrected for the setup.

You'll prolly giggle, but the ONLY weight reductions I've done to the car are removed spare tire and jack (never came in the car i bought anyway lol) and removed floor mats. Wish I had bought this car without a sunroof! =/. Other than that, car weighs 3650 with me in it.
And yes, a look into HP Tuners or EFI Live might be a good idea to get around an 'off the shelf' tune.

Last edited: