ZNix vs Bolt-on 5.0, Turbocharged Regal GS, and Nitrous Camaro

ZNix

Young-Gun
I went and visited some friends in Mexico to do some fun runs. Here are the videos!

First race: Turbo Regal GS vs Me
Regal has a 67mm Turbo running 17psi on E85.

Second race: Bolt-on 5.0 Mustang vs Me (Mustang broke 4th gear)

Third race: LS1 Camaro w/ 100 Shot of nitrous vs Me (blew headgaskets)

My headgaskets:

BONUS FOOTAGE

Bolt-on 5.0 vs H/C/I 6.0 Truck motor Firebird

Looks like your car is (was) running hard, but why Mexico? Theres some good 2 lane straight aways on the new 44 out by you..

Ya, looks like Mexico, Ma.:LOL:
Looks like you have some repair work to do. Did you over boost or go lean?

Ya, looks like Mexico, Ma.:LOL:
Looks like you have some repair work to do. Did you over boost or go lean?

I think I went lean because of a bad fuel line. When I moved the car into my garage, I turned the ignition on to switch it into neutral. When I got under the car, all I could smell was fuel and it seemed wet around the area where the fuel lines come out of the frame. Once I get it all back together, Ill see if I have any fuel pressure. If the fuel is fine, maybe the boost creeped up when I was in 3rd and the converter locked. I didn't see any knock in my first few races though.

Powerlogger and a fuel pressure transducer is your friend.

Powerlogger and a fuel pressure transducer is your friend.

Will be ordered in the next few days! lol. I think, just to have peace of mind, I am going to order the Racetronix 430 pump/hanger and teflon lines :D. I will most likely never run out of fuel in the car. That way everything is done when I decide to drop a built motor in it.

If you're going the 4.1 route then having an ample fuel supply is critical. I kind of wish I went with that pump. Less wiring at the alternator. Too late now.

If you're going the 4.1 route then having an ample fuel supply is critical. I kind of wish I went with that pump. Less wiring at the alternator. Too late now.

That's exactly why I was thinking of going with the single pump. It's more than enough for any pump gas motor, and should be good to 650whp if I ever decide to go E85.

Guy with the Regal GS raced a turbo 5.3 on 15psi. I think I did pretty well considering :wtf:

I think all these guys with their roll racing turds would get beaten badly by any of the 4 turbo regals that I helped with last Friday at LVD. When are they going to race from a stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all these guys with their roll racing turds would get beaten badly by any of the 4 turbo regals that I helped with last Friday at LVD. When are they going to race from a stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have run them from a stop if I had tires. My 275/60/15 Hankooks hooked pretty well though from a 20 in the second 5.0 race though lol. My slicks are wasted and I've been waiting to pick up a set of Hoosier drag radials. The Regal is also on all season tires and would just spin all over the place.

Im not doubting the cars you were working on are fast, you do amazing work. The Regal GS is a completely stock motor with a 67mm turbo on 17lbs of boost and I have no doubt it would trap in the high 120's low 130s. It's a damn quick car for the amount of work he has in it... BTW, want to tune my car? Im going to be ordering a 430 pump, hotwire kit and AN lines from Racetronix. I want to get a decent tune on this thing. I am a little gun shy tuning it myself.

That regal GS was doing work.

Also seems to be a disconnect between your race with the mustang and Camaro. If you were walking away from the Camaro and he was spraying (assuming everything was right), I'd have expected you to really murder the stang.

So many variables though, and so many cars out there that run way slower than their combo should allow .

That regal GS was doing work.

Also seems to be a disconnect between your race with the mustang and Camaro. If you were walking away from the Camaro and he was spraying (assuming everything was right), I'd have expected you to really murder the stang.

So many variables though, and so many cars out there that run way slower than their combo should allow .

The camaro on nitrous is a 119-121 mph car according to a friend, and the Mustang 123 - 124 mph car. That Mustang is no slouch. From a roll I think I did about how I should have. If it were a dig race in either I would have likely murdered them both. I wish I had a decent tire at the time to do a few digs.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Cool, I must have missed something on the stang.

If I remember the details right on the Mustang, it dynoed at 450whp and weighs around 3500lbs. He was on DRs and skinnies up front. It has a Boss 302 intake, and he revs it probably in the 7500 range. From a roll these cars run hard because of their gearing and high revving motor.

If I remember the details right on the Mustang, it dynoed at 450whp and weighs around 3500lbs. He was on DRs and skinnies up front. It has a Boss 302 intake, and he revs it probably in the 7500 range. From a roll these cars run hard because of their gearing and high revving motor.
defiantly, these cars are hard to catch on a roll... but rom a dig its a very different story. Its hard for the manual cars to be consistent like the ls cars but ive seen some pretty quick auto 5.0s do work.

None of this still makes any sense to me. Why does every TA49 alky car run 11's, and these mid 12 second cars are killing you. And you got ALUMINUM HEADS TOO? WITH a better IC AND DUAL nozzles? Somethin's super wrong... No way. I refuse to believe it. It really is in the way each part plays with each other I guess. It's in the tuna apparently lol. Does your car weight 4500 lbs? Who tuned your car? Did these races start at 80 mph? What year was the mustang, and exactly what was done to it.

None of this still makes any sense to me. Why does every TA49 alky car run 11's, and these mid 12 second cars are killing you. And you got ALUMINUM HEADS TOO? WITH a better IC AND DUAL nozzles? Somethin's super wrong... No way. I refuse to believe it. It really is in the way each part plays with each other I guess. It's in the tuna apparently lol. Does your car weight 4500 lbs? Who tuned your car?

Here's why... NONE of these cars are mid 12 second cars. The Regal just made 550 whp on the dyno. The nitrous camaro traps 121mph... Mustang makes 450whp and was on a tire. I spun a little. Don't know why this is so unbelievable lol. :rolleyes:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app