Zapped 2 R/T's in one night

Status
Not open for further replies.

6-FITZ

BUFFED
I came up on a Stealth R/T twin turbo sunday night. I was tryin to get him to play. At first he gave me the are you kiddin glance, kinda like I give to inferior opponents. So we ride down the road for a couple of lights and finally he goes for a sneak attack. He was foiled. He got about 2 car lengths out in front of me and finally the boost kicked in, keep in mind this at 1/2 throttle, and I flew by him spinning my tires. His second attempt was from a dead stop, he got out on me about 1 car and same deal, half throttle spinning, I flew by him got 3 cars out in front and he shut it down. He was cool he said I had a pretty fast car.
Second R/T was a Dakota. I was on my wayhome because I was getting bored. I hear a dakota revving at me, sounded like a whistle so I hooked a quick u-turn and got in line right behind him. Ligght turns green and I hear him windin out and what a disappointment for me, he lost even worse than the stealth. I sure hope he didn't have a s/c on that truck. If he did maybe he can get a refund.

On that Dakota, it could have just been a throttle body spacer. They make noises like a turbo, or s/c.

Anyways them Dakotas are junk. My friends 4.3L S-10 whooped on one awhile back.

My friends truck isn't stock, air intake, TB spacer, exhaust. The R/T just had exhaust.

Yeah its sad, I saw a comparo between a hot Toyota truck with a six, the Lightning, and the 5.9 dakota. the dakota didn't even put 200hp to the rear wheels. they are good looking though...and its a 360, you have some power potential. I wonder when they'll put the hemi in the dakota...that would be nice.

good kill on the stealth! I'll give ya 1/2 credit for the dakota...j/k

PS. like Big Paul said, not everything is a blower. On the new Mustangs, Camaros, etc, they have "air silencers" that slow down the air entering the engine so its quieter. When removed you hear a nice whooosh...

He now lets not hate on the dakota R/Ts I have one as my daily driver. Its not a very good daily driver it gets bad gas mileage. And spins every sharp corner you go around. But they do spin bad espescially if the driver driving it cant drive. Mine ran 9.57 in the 8th bone stock. They are not that slow but they are slow. I have wooped the hell out of my share of imports and mudstains.

Yeah, don't hate. The rt's are pretty cool trucks. Although, I have beat some dakota rt's w/ my SHO, there is one in my city that runs 11's. Also I mearly stated that it sounded like a blower when he revved at me. Oh well going to do some more tuning. I'msure I can get some more power out of this thing. ;)

My 99 Durango was a 5.9 and had great torque but the power band didn't kick in until the the mph got way up there. They have pretty good top end. My 2002 5.9 sounds throatier, but off the line it's a dog compared to my 99, apparently they changed transmissions. The shift points are all wacked out. It shortshifts, bringing the rpm's down, then when you step on it a little more it downshifts again. It's more indecisive than the women at the deli counter. Then to top it all off, the rev limiter kicks in before the upshift to second from 1st at WOT. A total POS tranny design. But at highway speeds and faster, it's got real good pull. I hung right with a new Prowler this morning on I-80 till about 110mph then I had to get off the highway. I know the older Prowlers weren't much, but this was one of those "better" ones, you could hear it just wanted to uncork, he was cool too, I gave him the thumbs up and we went at it. Those things handle pretty well too. It's a real eye catcher.

Re: gn's are no good

Originally posted by RT5.9
9999r/ts run this show

WTF is 9999? I own a 5.9, but one thing I won't try to do is pass it as "fast". I bought it to tow. And what's with the GN's are no good comment? This is based on what? No good compared to a 5.9 Durango? I can't wait to see what brews up now. Durango R/T challenges all takers. :rolleyes: LOL

question to 6 Fitz...

What color/year was the TT?

We have a few members from 3si.org up there and I wanna make sure it wasn't one of them.

Not that I mind them losing, but it sounds like they were trying to get a bitch jump, and that isn't cool.

Still, good kills! What does that setup run anyway?

Sorry to be so blunt guys. This kid is a no spelling idiot that prob couldn't spell the name of his own trailer park. Much less get a complete coherent sentence out.

Thread Locked.

Consider this winner banned....

:edited for content, my statements regarding this poster hurt someones feelings:

Status
Not open for further replies.