Your opinion needed

I wiped a cam lobe on my 130,000 mile motor and i am getting mixed messages about what i should do with the motor. Some people are telling me that if i pull the oil pan and take a few of the main caps off and there is no visible scoring i am good to just put a new cam in and be done. while others are telling me to completely rebuild the dam thing. What would you guys do?

I agree with the above statement but would put a new timing chain and gear while i was there anyhow for piece of mind.

its turbo time said:
.... What would you guys do?
Well, since you are looking for opinions, here are mine;

If money is not object, I would rebuild completely.
If money is an issue, I would verify and replace if necessary.

If the car will see lots of track time, I would rebuild completely.
If the car will not see much or any track, I would verify and replace if necessary.

If the car is a daily driver and my only means of transport, I would verify and replace if necessary, otherwise, rebuild at a minimum requirement level.

Replace what you have to and get it back on the road. Then go to Pep Boys and buy and engine stand, and go to a good racing engine machine shop and buy a 109 turbo block that has already had all the machining done. Begin a slow engine buildup on the side, and throw that in when its done. Keep the block sealed in a trash bag at all times when you arent working on it.