your oem gas door stays down

And you never know when you want to run some red lights around here and don't want the camera to get your plate # :D
I can't beleive how this thread ended up :rolleyes: If someone is going to get your plate and run it to find out where you live then you can't go driving around period, doesn't matter if at a street race or not. I'd rather spend my $12 on a 12-pack :)

Wow! You learn all kinds of stuff on this board! Does Costco sell Hurricane Malt liquor? If a 30 pack of nat light is $12, then a 30 pack of Colt 45 must be about $4.98

You're wasting your time argueing with these guys. I posted this awhile back on the other place: http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50113

Personally I think the stay downs are a waste too.

Lets see. You need a stay down because:
1-You're going to try and out run a cop because you were street racing. Maybe your Honda needs it more than your TR.
2-You're going to lose your eye when that sucker wont stay down. And its going to fall on the ground or under the car were you cant get to it. WTF do you put the cap than? Seems to me if you work the factory piece right than this wouldn't happen.

Never a dull moment with you guys. Some of need to re-evaluate your lifes :rolleyes: if you cant even put gas in your car without turning it into a drama.

IMO the best reason to have a stay down was to elude those toll roads.

I like Rob's idea the best. Think I'll run some lights that have the camera's while the tag is down. :cool: While these other fools all get a ticket! :D

You spend your $12 dollars your way I'll spend my $12 dollars my way :eek: :biggrin:

God forbid we waste $15 on a gas door when we spent $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on go fast parts we dont need or will never make full use of like 3" DP, Huge Turbo's, Big Front Mounts, Pinion Snubbers! (Bigger is better! admit it LOL :) assorted Chrome peices, (I Gotta have some Bling!) boost controllers, alchy kits, converters, super duper pistons, the best of the best high heat neato lookin paint stuff, awesome fantabulous bead blasted cryrotreated spark plugs! etc etc etc etc!!! Who cares about another $15?? I spent $1500 just on UPS over the years but its my HOBBY & I LOVE IT!!! You want it get it & who needs a Reason? Who cares what some people think is a waste of $15? SHETE I buy $15 in beer & pee it out but thats ok right? OR is that also a waste? Enjoy! You only live once so get a stay down door if you like! Heck get 2 of them! Who Cares???? Just make sure beer is available when installing it or its just no fun at all!
CHEERS!! To staydown Gas Doors! I got mine!! Now I gotta pee! lol!

lol Tell us how you really feel! :p I actually ordered 4 of them when I bought mine. The other 3 are on friends GN's and they have never been so happy! Now I need to contact that guy selling them and ask for a kick back by the time this thread is done! :D

Hehehe, when your local govt passes a law that requires a handsfree device when talking on your cell phone and driving, I'm selling these for $2 a pop :D couldn't resist..

Attachments

• handsfre_11.jpg
    handsfre_11.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 186
grocerygetter said:
I snagged my stay-down gas door from a local u-pull-it for $4.

Heck I just steal them, uh I mean borrow them, Shoot anything that fits in your tool box is fair game to me. 15 bucks! Man that's a lot of beer money there. This is turning into one of those "how do you like my new rolex" or "what do you think of my new house with the 5 car garage" threads. :tongue:

My old stay down was scratching the piss out of the paint on the filler!? I would rather stick with the stocker and save the paint. Anybody have theirs scratch their paint?

Back to the beginning. First of all, it's no money. Secondly, it's better than the original. With the staydown, it's a one hand operation. If it's 10*, which I never have to put up with, :p you can leave one hand in your pocket through the whole fueling process. And third, most of you are too cheap to spend the $15 or too lazy to go to the junkyard. :tongue:

Hey look at my new fuel door stay down holder. And how much did it cost??? Thats right!.....killed 2 birds with one stone :tongue:

why not just go to the junkyard take one off a caprice or ex cop car and stuff it in your pants, believe me the guys there wont look bellow the belt, if you know what i mean ;)

marred4life said:
why not just go to the junkyard take one off a caprice or ex cop car and stuff it in your pants, believe me the guys there wont look bellow the belt, if you know what i mean ;)

Stay downs were only used on the 3rd gen Camaro. Nothing else.

There are girls working at the yards I like to frequent. Not to bad looking either. I'd bet they're looking there too! There's probally a stay down joke here somewhere. :redface:

turbofish38 said:
Stay downs were only used on the 3rd gen Camaro. Nothing else.

Actually the Caprice has a stay down door that is similar, you just have to elongate one hole... Which I do when I sell the stay down gas doors. :biggrin:

Don't mean to hijack this thread - but does anybody know how to keep the gas door from staying down?
I fixed mine to do so, and now I keep forgetting to put the gas cap back on at the pumps. :wink:

my gas door stays down and i lost one gas cap and almost did it again the other day.lol only car thats ever happened to me on. :biggrin: