Your key ring

jurassic five 7

(I know this thread may not go very far, but...)

I was wondering what is your key ring? Is there anyone with some cool Buick key rings? I've tried to find some cool ones for the GN's and all, but nothen too hot really.

I'm wanting to find one that looks nice, somethen just as easy as the turbo 6 on a circlular plate and then the ring. My bros Monte Carlo ring looks cool, its a 70's one and has Monte Carlo printed in red then the back round all sparkly in blue.

There's a few on ebay that have the turbo 6 on it, but yet the ring part is too good.

So do any of you guys have any special Buick key rings to show off? If so, where did ya get it.

Thanks,
Adam

I found a turbo 6 emblem in a t type I got some parts off of, not sure where it goes, but I drilled it and maked a fob out of it. My luck it was probably some ultra rare peice :confused:

Go to some junkyards and pop the hoods on some late 80's buick full size FWD with the reverse opening hood. Most had 3.8s and they usually have a little round logo of some sort in the upper plenum. I have one that says "6 cyl power" and just last week I found one that is actually a power 6 logo, correct colors and all with the arrow off the back of the 6. Drill a hole in it and you got yourself a unique key ring. Other GM brands of the era have logos too but they usually aren't very appealing.

If the car happens to be an 86, it will probably have the GN correct 1227148 ecm, and it can usually be bought for $20 or $30.

bob

[/IMG] This is mine.

Wow, Quick6'n'-K.C. Those arent too bad. The T-Type one would be cool only if it didnt look like its sat in a mud puddle for 5 years :wink:

On the rings that have the Tri-Symbol on them, did you get the WE4 and Regal Turbo engraved on there?

Very nice!

-Adam

Gotta be able to tell what keys go to what car :eek: Got them all off of ebay of course.

Attachments

• keyrings.JPG
    keyrings.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 165
jurassic five 7 said:
Wow, Quick6'n'-K.C. Those arent too bad. The T-Type one would be cool only if it didnt look like its sat in a mud puddle for 5 years :wink:

On the rings that have the Tri-Symbol on them, did you get the WE4 and Regal Turbo engraved on there?

Very nice!

-Adam
The t-type one got dirty from being used for 7 years

The ones with the tri-symbol, yup custom :biggrin:
BW

2QUIK6 said:
Gotta be able to tell what keys go to what car :eek: Got them all off of ebay of course.

Where is the one of 697??????????????? ;)

BW

quick six u suck ;) kidden, i wish I had those keys hangen in my house. Nice collection!!! Best of the best!

Mine is not directly automotive related, but it is special to me.

50th Anniversary Brooks Instrument

Try finding that one on ebay. If you don't know, they (used to) sell metering products to the petroleum industry. I think now they are strictly gas products.

SFITurbo said:
I found a turbo 6 emblem in a t type I got some parts off of, not sure where it goes, but I drilled it and maked a fob out of it. My luck it was probably some ultra rare peice :confused:

Not super rare, you could probably still buy one new from GM. I paid the price for my keychain which is the same thing. I smashed my 1984 T-Type and caused a 5 car pile up.

That was 14 years ago and this has been on my keychain ever since.

Keys.jpg

Whut,

That is exsactly what I have wanted to do for a LONG time, but I'm scared to get an emblem and drill it then it gets cracked or something bad.

Did ya just use a drill press and the stick your key ring through there?

Is the 6 metal or plastic? That was one concern of mine, if the emblems were plastic or metal (beings how ive never felt a real one off a GN)

Give some details!

But finding an 84 turbo 6 could be kinda hard to find. I thought 'well maybe get some badges for an 86-87, but then looked at em and they were like 50 bucks on ebay and thought 'f--k that sh-t!'

I think it's very original and really unique.

Thanks!

-Adam

Yes, to make it all I did was mark the front where I wanted to drill and then drilled it from front to back using a drill press. Luckily I was still in highschool 14 years ago so a drill press wasnt hard to find. :wink:

Its a "easy bake" emblem like the GN emblems are. Very hard plastic on the front and chrome (I am guessing since it hasnt rusted) steel on the back.

You wouldnt want to use a Grand National emblem as a keychain. They are pretty big once you take them off the car. If you wanted something actually from the car I would recommend the Intercooled emblem instead.

Size difference,

Emblems.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, finding a turbo six may not be so hard. Since the Grand National emblems are still around you may still be able to buy the turbo six new from the dealer. No matter where you find one you will need to get the stickey back off of it. I did it the hard way with a screwdriver but I am sure you can use something like Goo Gone to get it off easier.

The cool thing about the turbo six is its before they changed the design. Look at the six on the GN emblem compared to it, the six goes behind itself on the T-type emblem instead of in front of itself like the GN emblem. Nobody else notices it but I do and I think its pretty cool.

Also, if your concerned about it breaking dont be. I really have had that on my key chain for 14 years solid. Its never been off since being off the car. So with 8 years on the car and 14 years in my pocket it still looks great. If you saw it in person and looked closely you would see some small scratches but you really need to look close. Oh yeah, its not really plastic, its more like hard resin or hard epoxy covering the colored side.