your input on THDP purchase

wicked_TurboLV

wana race my lowrider???
Just wanted your guys input on the THDP Aluminized steel ceramic coated. Im planning to purchase one but just wanted to see what you guys think about it. thanks:D

I'll add some input. I just got done installing a Mease downpipe and dump purchased from another member of this board, which is similar to the THDP, so I hope my opinion will help in your decision.
Before this dp I was running the stock dp and mildly ported stock elbow. After putting on Mease's pieces;) , I took the car out for a spin. Definitely felt much "better"... TE-44 spooled effortlessly, motor finally didn't feel like it was straining. I gave it half throttle and started spinnin' the tires with only about 12psi of boost. It was a lot of fun. That is with the dump capped, so the exhaust ran through the mufflers. Whistle is audible too. The exhaust is still restricting flow (the straight pipe is 3" round at the flange, but the Hooker cat-back has a 2.5"x3.5" oval, bummer), but it still feels great.
I've only driven it for a couple minutes, but so far this feels like a better power gain than swapping turbos! But that is because the TE-44 was being restricted by the downpipe elbow. Good luck with your decision.:)

I've got the Mease pipe on the other car the GN, also works fine in stainless steel.

Not sure if they are available new anymore.

how fast are you planning on runnin???? you might be able to get away with a regular 3" downpipe...$150 compared to whatever the THDP is..we have these pipes on our stockers an they work very good BUT these are only mid 11 cars..

Originally posted by blown8
sig of wicked turbo LV, "wicked turbos on the rise in the city of sin Las Vicious;)"

quote by me: "thats the GAYEST sig i have EVER seen in my life. just stop posting pleeeeeeeease!!!

This is exactly the reason our posts are going to hell lately.

This is a tech forum. If you folks have another agenda, take it elsewhere.
Immediately, or I'll get you both shut down permanently.

blown8

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Now how long does it take for the moderator to realize that this kid is a joke and does nothing but cause trouble on this board. Please kill his account so the rest of us can enjoy our stay.

Anyway, I have the stainless THDP with a test pipe with no cutout. I might be dumb in thinking that it LOOKS a hell of a lot better than a stock one so that's why i bought it, but i noticed a BIG improvement. Everyone tells me it was from removing the cat. Don't know, don't care, 100% happy with it.

Get the TH pipe and be DONE with it. I dont have experience with Mease or ATR, but I have heard both good and bad about both.

I have never heard anything bad about the THDP. It is the original, and has proven itself. Solid piece, excellent construcition, HIGHLY recommend.

Re: blown8

Originally posted by lrover2
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Now how long does it take for the moderator to realize that this kid is a joke and does nothing but cause trouble on this board. Please kill his account so the rest of us can enjoy our stay.

I would, but as a moderator, I don't have that power.