yeah...I WAS goin to sell the car

josh watson

but I just saw the tax man..........and I was just cruising Full Throttle. I have always been a small block guy and WAS going to go back to it but I just realized good buick parts are about the same price as good chebby parts (we are talking about 6 instead of 8 though). I built a solid roller 409 small block 2 years ago....made 480 hp 500+lb ft torque. I spent about $6,000 on that build (worked at a shop, flow bench, dyno's..the whole 9 yards) on parts and head-block work. I think a new turbo and alchy (injectors/chip) will get those numbers for a lot less.........A full forged stroker kit is MORE expensive for a chebby...whoda thunk it :) I see a stroker-roller cammed-6 in my future (ported heads as well?)(gimme a year) with the turbo etc. only a few weeks away.

just bored and thought I'de share.

JW

Doesn't take much to get the torque out of one, and with a good set of heads, and a nice roller cam, the HP #'s should be there as well. I had a blown 383 for a while, and I know it didn't come anywhere close to what my GN is putting down. Plus the GN gets about 10mpg more around town than that small block:eek: