Yank Converters

ross87t

When is someone gonna try one of these converters out in a Turbo Buick? All of the F-Body guys swear by these things.
They are about the same price as Precision's converters, but I hear they are a little better on the street.

Anyone tried one yet?

Ross

I have one Ross and love it. Very efficient. I have the 4000 extreme. What would you like to know?

lazaris -

Eventually, I'll end up going w/ a PTE51, 50# inj., THDP, and V4 intercooler.

Which Yank would be good for that combo? I want a street/strip converter.

Can you compare your Yank to a Precision or Art Carr unit?

Ross

Ross with your combination I would go with the 3400 extreme. I talked to Mike and for our casr he likes this style converter because we run forced induction and theres more holding power with the extreme seris converters. Stall can be adjusted to suit your needs. I've never run an Art Carr....This converter however is bullet proof.

wish someone would try the yank 3400extreme & let us know how that size works .
i have a pte51 & v2 front mount & think a 3400 would be perfect for me,anyone know
what a 3400 extreme would cost?
Thanks,Brian

From Yank's website:
------------------------
Posi lock-up clutch:

Yank Converters has made a breakthrough with the Posi lock-up clutch. By placing proprietary bearings between the lock-up clutch and the housing, while utilizing the highest grade carbon ceramic or kevlar linings, the converter can actually lock-up under the high torque load of a power adder like nitrous oxide or a blower! This positive lock-up action takes place when the engine torque exceeds 475 lb. ft. This will give the racer torque to the tires, close to that of a manual transmission. This is a Yank exclusive!

Pro Yank Series Converters:

Power adders place special demands on converters. It is important for a converter to have adequate "holding power" while at the same time, placing the motor in a higher power band through increased stall. The Pro Yank converters give you the best of both! First, each Pro Yank is custom built around "your" power adder. The stall speeds are rated for use with power adders and will therefore, be right where you need it to be. Next, the Posi lock-up clutch will bring efficiency close to 100% by locking-up under load. Finally, the clutch materials are built to take the higher demands of running on the "juice". The Pro Yank Extremes use the exotic Kevlar linings.

------------------------

Does this mean that the convertor is going to lock by itself? Pretty cool if you ask me. This one goes for $995 (the 3400 or 3600 Extreme), and is designed for power-adder cars (nitrous, blower, turbo).

Are these convertors for 200-4R's? Anyone use one?