XTSM In Bowling Green

RICHIE HIGH PSI

I will be running TSM and TSO in BG.
Im sure it would be beneficial to some others as well.

Just want to know if you guys think we could run our qualification and Races at a different time from the other classes?

I think we will be able to use our qualifying times to enter the TSO ladder.

If your able to run 9.99 or quicker you can qualify for TSO., and if you qualify, you get $$paid$$ lol

Thoughts??

You are correct. The minimum qualifying time for TSO is a 9.99 I am sure we could take your TSM qualifying time and incorporate that into the TSO ladder. Remember, a 9.99 doesn't necessarily mean you are automatically in TSO. I am hoping to have a 16 car TSO field. This means the bump could be a few tenths lower. If before eliminations, a qualified car is broke, we will move everyone up that is qualified below them. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you have a 9.99 or faster car, you more than likely will get onto the TSO ladder. We are paying back all the way to the first round losers, so if you make the field and race, you're getting paid!

Can the other heads up classes be run between TSO and TSM to allow this? I assume this is going to be up to the race director at BG, and they traditionally like to run them back to back if I remember right.

That would be Jim Carswell's decision. Depending on your car count, you might be able to run TSM eliminations after a round or two of TSO eliminations. Perhaps, run first and second round of TSO, then start running TSM eliminations.
I'm not saying a TSM car won't go deep in TSO, but I think it becomes more manageable as car count goes down

I would expect about 10 for our class, and it should play out like you're saying, with running a round of Tso first. But we will still need a gap between classes in later rounds.

I could get with him on Wednesday so we have a definite plan early on.

Sent from my iphone while taking a dump

Are you sure the other TSO racers are gonna be ok with a TSM car using their qualifying runs to compete in TSO?

And are the FAST gift certificates from last year rolling over?

I would expect about 10 for our class, and it should play out like you're saying, with running a round of Tso first. But we will still need a gap between classes in later rounds.

I could get with him on Wednesday so we have a definite plan early on.

2 Index classes were added this year that havent been ran in previous years so I'm sure that will help...

Are you sure the other TSO racers are gonna be ok with a TSM car using their qualifying runs to compete in TSO?

We have done this in the past. You use your qualifying times NOT elimination times. If you know of anyone having an issue with this, have them contact me. It would be much easier to determine the TSO "bump" if you guys qualified for TSO and used your times for TSM, but I didn't want to disturb what you have going in your class. If you qualify right before us, it should still be pretty seamless.

My intentions for all of this was twofold:
1) To increase car count in TSO
2) To give TSM racers a chance to race for more money without having to make a choice on what class to run.

If you think this is too much hassle, we can just keep things separate.

It's not disturbing TSM unless cars pull out and run TSO only. I was just wondering if the regular TSO guys were OK with that.

I could see catching grief if I let the THS guys run our class using their THS qualifying passes.

Sorry Guy's

This is a TSO class !

Sounds like car count is not going to be an issue for TSO class cars ,
So who cares about adding XTSM,TSE,TSL or THS cars .

And We have been down this road before if they are allowed they have to qualify separately for TSO and what ever other class they enter PERIOD !

This idea for sure further hurts the XTSM Class

Sorry Guy's

This is a TSO class !

Sounds like car count is not going to be an issue for TSO class cars ,
So who cares about adding XTSM,TSE,TSL or THS cars .

And We have been down this road before if they are allowed they have to qualify separately for TSO and what ever other class they enter PERIOD !

This idea for sure further hurts the XTSM Class

Your OPINION had been noted and I will take it into consideration. In the past we have allowed qualifying times from other classes to be factored into the ladder (TSL has been this way).

As for who cares about adding cars to the class, I do. When we solicite sponsors, the first thing they ask is how many cars do we expect.

Since you have shown some interest in the class, would you be interested in sponsoring TSO? Some of your fellow racers have stepped up.

I was under the impression we were getting them back. Will there be new ones for this year?

Last year's FAST sponsorship was a giant pot that we were able to spread out among the other classes. In return FAST was to get recognition. This year, it was given specifically to TSO as a major sponsor.

If you would have contacted us earlier, we might have been able to assist you in getting FAST sponsorship. Surprisingly, nobody contacted Hartline Performance about sponsorship, either.

It's not disturbing TSM unless cars pull out and run TSO only. I was just wondering if the regular TSO guys were OK with that.

I could see catching grief if I let the THS guys run our class using their THS qualifying passes.

I was only trying to help your fellow TSM racers. If you want to keep things separate, no problem. The racers will have to then make a decision on what they want to run

Your OPINION had been noted and I will take it into consideration. In the past we have allowed qualifying times from other classes to be factored into the ladder (TSL has been this way).

As for who cares about adding cars to the class, I do. When we solicite sponsors, the first thing they ask is how many cars do we expect.

Since you have shown some interest in the class, would you be interested in sponsoring TSO? Some of your fellow racers have stepped up.

No !

The only feedback I've gotten is that it appears that you are trying to pull TSM cars over to TSO, and why would you want to fill the class with slower cars. It's up to the racers to decide what they want to run. I have a back of the pack TSM car and I have no interest in getting beat by a 7 second TSO car. The faster guys will probably be interested.
I take blame for not doing a better job of rounding up sponsorship, the last couple of months have been hectic for me and I failed this class by not doing more.
I assumed your business was dedicated to the TSO class, and I also made a mistake by making that assumption. I was not intending to omit you from it, I have your products on my car and I really don't want to be involved in any politics.
I've been turned away by some of the same sponsors you have over issues that go back 10 years. I also don't have the same relationship business wise to use to acquire sponsors.

As far as the FAST certificates, you told me on Saturday last year to keep them for this year. Then I returned them at your request a month later.

In my opinion, the future of these classes should be based on 1 second differentials. TSO should be an 8.99 bump class, TSM should be a 9.99 bump class and THS should be a 10.99 bump class. This gives them separation and also provides different budgets a class to participate in. But that's just my 2 cents.

In my opinion, the future of these classes should be based on 1 second differentials. TSO should be an 8.99 bump class, TSM should be a 9.99 bump class and THS should be a 10.99 bump class. This gives them separation and also provides different budgets a class to participate in. But that's just my 2 cents.

I totally agree on the 1 second spacing. Clint and myself are heading up the index classes for BG this yr. I really think that index racing may be the next thing to come to BG. This would make the rules pretty much run what cha brung type of event just don't break out lol. This could also means that the GS guys and the turbo cars could exist in the same class. This could allow for easier tech and less headaches for RRA's.

This is my thinking here.

Sorry cal didn't mean to hijack and rant on