XFI with Traction Control

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Thinking of going from my Classic to one of these! Am I to expect going from a Beetle to a Mercedes?
Any happy users with it?

Thanks

Really depends if you're going to really use the traction control box and other features improved box over box. I upgraded my box so I could have all the latest features to chose from more notably the flex fuel capability, edash, 2-step, and a couple of other things. otherwise, depends on what you want the new box to do that your classic doesn't.

oh.. the table scaling in my race program makes fine tuning at the track improved too.

I just got my XFI less than a month ago and I am still working the rough edges off the tuning but so far so good. The traction control portion is fairly easy to get setup and uses a multiplier to reduce boost as well. I still have some tuning to do on it but it does seem to help. If you have alcky injection it looks like you have to use the Hueristic Mode. If you haven't already downloaded the help file it is worth a read.

The XFI is great but its the installation that will make the difference. The Caspers plug and play box will work but its better to wire the XFI power directly to the battery. I also found the key switched power lead should be wired to a relay and directly to the battery to get the most accurate voltage reporting from the XFI. While your at it, may as well hot wire the injectors and ignition if not already done.
AG.

I would recommend an aftermarket driveshaft sensor if you get a traction control box

I love my black box! I'm adding features to my car all the time to make the best use of it. There are so many things you can do with it, especially if you think outside the box. The Casper's makes it easy to install thought it's a little bulky. I bought the wire extension so the XFI goes under the seat, that makes it a little better. Many people won't do this because of the fear of rain water getting under the seat. My car doesn't really see rain so it's not a problem for me. Support is really good for the unit, there is a site dedicated to your questions and tech support. I'm using the speed sensor for my traction control now and seems to work fine though I really haven't pushed it so a driveshaft sensor may be in my future. Well worth the money regardless!

I have to sell the classic. Without selling, I cannot go forward. Come on guys pass the word around! I am willing to negociate on the deal I have for sale. :(

Plugs to the factory Harness under the Dash. I bought all this stuff new. No pass around.

If you can;t reduce the boost fast enough the traction control can only do so much. You will need a fast response boost system controlled by the xfi or a reduced boost output to your boost controller Ie ams-1000

If you can;t reduce the boost fast enough the traction control can only do so much. You will need a fast response boost system controlled by the xfi or a reduced boost output to your boost controller Ie ams-1000
The AMS1000 is there and doing it's job. The Classic is sold. The Wheel is in motion.
Cal, prepare what I need and I will speak with Holly in the morning...:)

So it is done. Cal and Holly took my order and I feel like Christmas is coming soon. Can't wait to try this new set up with Traction Control and Trans Brake Creep.
Thanks Cal!

Its not as easy as you think, the boost has to be reduced and timing in an instant. Too high a spring in the gate and nothing will help you...

I went ahead and added the vss plug and edash plug to your adaptor harness. So everything should be plug and play