XFI trouble codes?

kolb02

I keep getting an Overboost fault on my XFI. Is this normal? IT keeps coming back. I also got a cam sync fault just once so far. Is there a reason for this maybe. I'm pretty new to the XFI.

There is a setting for the overboost limit in the boost parameters. You can either raise the limit to something that suits your application or you can disable this fault in the fault detection parameters.

Cam sync fault can be disabled too but that's a fixed fault that is pretty significant on a turbo Buick application with the C3I ignition. If you have a cam sync fault, you should be looking to fix the source of fault. It usually means that your getting a cam sync trigger at an unexpected crank angle. Perhaps it's too close to a crank pulse? The stock 25* ATDC should be a good place for targeting cam sync.

if you crank and then stop before it runs and then crank again (or key off and dont allow the ecu to power down and reset ..the red power led needs to go out on the casper adapter) it will usually be out of sync on the second try because the sensor may have moved after you quit cranking and the ecm lost track of it

what does you cam sync read on the xfi

AS long as it does not go past 121 or under 70 your OK. A good target is 80-85 under load, as it could drop/wander too much if the chain is sloppy.................