XFI Touch Screen Dash/Datalogger, good??

HEATSEEKER

Member!
Hello!

I am thinking of buying this XFI Screen dash/datalogger but i am woundering if i can change all the data to Celcius instead off Fahrenheit and Bar instead off Psi etc??

Is this dash worth the money? I whant to keep an eye on the motor but i don´t whant my "big" computer sliding around in the car...

Can i change anything in my FAST XFI direct on the screen or is it just to read data from?

Thanks!

xfi is based in metric , it displays KPA for vac/ boost and C for temps and you can choose to see PSI or F as well as any other function that is monitored by setting up your own dash displays
, when logging to review you must log KPA and scaled RPM since thats what the VE AF and spark table are based from , i also log boost in psi and temp in F so i can read it without having to convert

as for replacing the laptop it does , i just use a 8" netbook thats not as bulky as most laptops

yes you can make changes as if it was a laptop and more from the dashlogger , its a touch screen

the good is its mountable so tracks dont bust your chops about having a laptop in the car

yes you can make changes as if it was a laptop and more from the dashlogger , its a touch screen

Unless there is a change I was unaware of, this is incorrect.

HEETSEEKER: I am considering developing a new product that will work like a scanmaster for the XFI, just not sure if there is a large enough demand for them

xfi is based in metric , it displays KPA for vac/ boost and C for temps and you can choose to see PSI or F as well as any other function that is monitored by setting up your own dash displays
, when logging to review you must log KPA and scaled RPM since thats what the VE AF and spark table are based from , i also log boost in psi and temp in F so i can read it without having to convert

as for replacing the laptop it does , i just use a 8" netbook thats not as bulky as most laptops

the good is its mountable so tracks dont bust your chops about having a laptop in the car

Okej, sounds great! Then it is worth the money? :)

maybe i misunderstood it from their site description,
FAST? - Dash/Data Logger

"Allows for fine tuning of the TCU through the dashboard without a laptop"

still a nice item

it would be great to have an easy to see AF gauge that runs off the Fast as opposed to having to run a seperate wideband

Dont forget you will have to buy the sensors as well. About another g-note.

Hopefully I can clear up some mis-information. The TCU pacecarta is referring to is the Transmission Control Unit. The touchscreen dash will monitor and record all your current XFI sensors through the CAN network. It won't allow you to make changes to your XFI tune. If you want to log additional analog sensors, you will need to purchase the sensors just like you would have to do with the XFI. If you already have them for your XFI then you can just use those. It will also display Classic FAST data with the adaptor harness that plugs into the Communication Plug

HEETSEEKER: I am considering developing a new product that will work like a scanmaster for the XFI, just not sure if there is a large enough demand for them

I hope you develop something like the scanmaster for the xfi, that would be so handy!! I would be in for one!:)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I need to look into that a little sooner :cool:

I use one.. what I like is two big things..

One.. I can see my air fuel ratio at any time.
Two.. I can set a warning output based on air fuel. In other words motor leans out.. trips the warning.. trips the low boost input on my boost controller(t-brake input)

And for drivability tuning you can watch airfuel, IAC, TPS, Boost, etc on the touchscreen. To me it made more sense buying this than 10 other gauges. You can also datalog with it.. the only downside is it doesnt work with Vista on the datalogger software.

Hello Cal!

That sounds great, i have seend you 2 mail, no answer :(
Can i see if the motor is knocking on the screen when i driving?
Can i see the fuel/air mix when driving?

Thanks everyone for the help, realy appreciate it! :)