XFI and VSS

Gnology

I'm not getting a signal or reading from the VSS after install. Changed the parameters in setup, but not getting even 1mph. Prior to install, direct scan and scanmaster had no issues with mph. Any ideas on what to check?

TIA,

Shawn

What values do you have in the program? Where did you get the system from?

Those values should be pretty close. The only change was the XFI (same dash, trans, etc..)? I assume you are using an adaptor harness? If so, I would check for continuity across the jumper harness. If your using a stand alone harness, it's best you call me to go over everything.

Same dash and trans. Using Casper Harness with extension that came with your XFI kit, do you know which pins to test for continuity? Has this been an issue before?

TIA

Shawn

I hope I don't have these reversed :eek: I'm going by memory as to what type of signal the factory sensor outputs
XFI pin A-5 to Factory pin A-10
XFI pin A-16 to ground

Are you sure it's constant and not pulsing? The fact that VSS reads correctly with the stock system really points to the XFI or adaptor harness. Are you coming to Bowling Green? If so, I can figure it out when you get here (I'm in BG already)

As best I can tell, only 5.00 to 5.03 volts at a10 and a5 on xfi. Not going to be able to make BG this year. Could still be xfi, but shouldn't there be a higher voltage at a5?