XFI 2 Step Setup and Logging Question

bdeliman

I'm trying to set up a 2 step rev limiter and arm the internal logger. I thought I could do this in one step. Section 24.6.2 of the manual indicates applying battery voltage to ECU Pin B19 will arm the logger and arm the Power Adder functions. The RPM is in the dashboard, and I set the logging trigger at 1500 RPM. In the Power Adder Global Parameters screen, only the following boxes are checked, PA Mode Enable, PA Fuel Tables Off and PA Hold Force Max Stage. Number of Stages is 1, TPS is 0%, Activation is 2000 RPM, De-Activation is 1800 RPM. I slowly bring the revs up from idle to 3,000 RPM. The 2 step rev limiter does not activate, neither does the logging. I can manually trigger the logger, so the logger works. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

False Alarm - Maybe

It appears the contact that I inserted into B19 may not have seated in the connector completely. I just noticed that when I mated the connector and the XFI, the contact pushed out the back of the connector. This might explain the problem. I'll update with more data later.

Logger Works, 2 Step Doesn't

The loose contact appears to have been the problem with the arming of the logger. So by applying battery voltage to B19, this arms the logger. I still cannot get the 2 step to work. Maybe I don't understand section 24.6.2, and it's "NOTE". I thought it said that B19 will arm both the internal logger and arm the Power Adder function. But it then states, "For those that are utilizing the Power Adder functions, arming the internal data logger is automatic". Maybe I got it backwards. Instead of using B19 to arm the logger and the Power Adder functions, should I be using one of the activation signals described in Sequential Rev Limiting section 8.4.1.2, 8.4.1.3 or 8.4.1.4 and the logger is armed automatically? Currently I have the Sequential Rev Limiter "disabled". Is this my problem ?

If you are using the stock DIS igntion,I dont believe the 2 step is usable
arming hte power adder will not activate the 2 step
1st stage activation
Power adder hold
or clutch activation
is the only 3 ways to activate it.

You can use the 2 step using the first stage activation. Just program the power adder tables correctly in the XFI. Like Otto stated earlier, don't use the sequential rev limiter with the stock CCCI ignition.

2 Step Activation

O.K., since I am using a stock DIS, can someone give me an example of correct power adder tables for 1st stage activation, Power adder hold or clutch activation. Is either one better/easier than the others? Also, PA hold and Clutch activation have a signal that arms it. How is 1st stage activation get armed? I will be using this as a rev limiter for staging.