WTT/WTS 92 AWD turbo 5-speed talon

Aaron91RS

Alright don't flame me to bad. I also own a 3rd gen Camaro already and the talon is a turbo and stupid fast plus it's got AWD and posi for the winter.
Maybe if I am lucky someone will want to buy it or trade for something interesting.

This car is stupid fast and the best combination you can get 6bolt engine/ 5speed tranny/ 4bolt rear end. Anyone who know's DSM's knows this combo was only made for a 1/2 year in 92. EVERYTHING has been replaced, Engine/tranny/ CV's all have less 30K on them and work great. Engine has great even compression, tranny shifts smooth. Timing belt was just replaced this week! Anyway on with the good stuff. I put the cost of the part new next to it so you can see how much money is in this car.
I drive it everyday to work, 120 miles, and love it but I have other projects I could put the money in.

Early 92' 6Bolt Motor 4Bolt Rearend (Best Model) -Engine- Slow Boy Racing Stage 2 Engine Includes Eagle Rods, Ross Pistons, Celvite Rod + Main Bearings, ARP Rod Bolts $2300-500 core=1800
New front cover and water pump $250
Balance Shaft eliminator kit- $75.
1994 Cylinder Heads with ARP Head Studs + Multi layer Steel Head Gasket,$300
FP Green Turbo. Oil and water cooled, larger 8cm housing 730cfm $1500
Will run 25psi on the street on pump gas!!!!
Comp cams 101100 cams, slightly larger then HKS 264's $425
Sheet metal intake, 6 inch runners and larger plenum $125
Supra sidemount intercooler $150
Prothane Solid Motor Mounts $80
Ported Evolution3 Exhaust Manifold $300
ATR 3" Downpipe, 3" $300
Testpipe $20
3" Buschur Exhaust $500
2.5" SS O2 Housing $195
HKS Upper Intercooler Pipes (Thermo-Tec wrapped)$10
HKS Throttle Body Elbow $40
3.5" GM MAF $40
and 3.5" K&N Filter $20
GM MAF Translator $200
Walbro 255LPH HP Fuel Pump, $100
650 FIC injectors $250
Keydiver 650 chip, stutter box, no lift to shift $150
After base chip timing was recurved to allow the insane psi on the street. Buyer gets two chips.
Joe P MBC $45
Magnecore 8.5mm Wires $40
Autolite 3910 colder Spark Plugs $10
EGR Block off plate $40
RRE Catch Can $50
Coolant Bypass Mod,
-Drivetrain- Rebuilt Tranny with TRE Double Synchro 2nd $1000modified EVO3 Shift forks, Steel Shift Rails, Oil Screen, BG Synchroshift2 in Tranny, Redline
4-spider differential $450
Shockproof in center and rear differentials
Symborski metal shifter bushings $35
ACT2600 Clutch $400 TSS Heavy Duty Clutch Release Fork,
Stainless Steel Clutch Line $20
New CV axles $300
-Wheels, Tires, Brakes- 16x7 Rota Slipstreams (Bronze) + Locking Lugs $500
225/50 VR16 Kumho Supra 712 $320
-Suspension- Eibach Pro Kit Springs, $225
KYB AGX adjustable shocks $330
-Interior-
Pioneer 50w CD player and 6 pioneer speakers $150
Lo-Tek Dual Pillar Pod $40
Autometer Boost and A/F guages (black) $120
Momo Millenium Steering Wheel, Momo Race Leather Shift Knob, Momo E-Brake Handle + Boot $100
Summit Rear Battery Relocation Kit $40
-Misc- Removed Battery Tray + Charcoal Canister, Manual Steering Conversion, Removed AC System and Fan, Removed Cruise Control, Removed front and rear bumpers, Removed Backseat + Rear Seat Belts
Car weighs 28xx lbs.
Car has almost $14785 in mods (parts alone).

While I don't expect to get that back I'd take $7195 outright or maybe some type of trade for an 86+.

Sorry it's a daily driver at 120 miles per day to work. And great on a day like today when STL has snow, so I don't have anything like that.

Not to bench race but on dsmtimes.org there are like 27 FP green turbos just in 11's and almost in the 10's. Most of them are 7cm mine is the 8cm version.
Not saying mine will run an 11 flat just saying it has potential.
Just from the ls1's I've raced on pump gas I think it's safe to say it's in the 12's, add some race gas and advance the timing and it picks up nicely.
Keep in mind this a totally streetable turbo, nothing track only.

hey im pretty interested in this and wouldnt mind trading my 87 WE-4 for it. where are you located? still for sale? i can drive anywhere and what would you be interested in? Thanks
Gary

oh thats not very far to drive, ive been texas to minnesota 3 times in my buick last year, no problem. you say you want 7k for it, i want 6.5k for my buick, what say trade plus 500 cash and ill deliver? if the deal im on doesnt go through? i have a 92 GSX auto, 6/4 bolt, im selling that soon, and really want a nasty DSM to replace it. pm me back, will have pics and vid of my car by the end of the weekend. also do you have pics of the car? thanks
Gary

From your own words it sounds like I would end up putting a new tranny in it right away.
Thats not something I want to do at this time.

Aaron91RS said:
From your own words it sounds like I would end up putting a new tranny in it right away.
Thats not something I want to do at this time.

If you want a $7000 T/R, the odds you'll have to put a new trans in it is very high, unless the body/interior has problems.

I'd rather buy a nice one that needs a new trans than one that was cheap because of rust, body or interior damage.

Also, a $7000 one that needs a new trans is a better deal than a $4500 one that has bottom end problems.

Keep this in mind when you are looking.

again from his own words it has some rust spots, bad paint, a wavey fender, leaking header, and carfax shows two accidents. Still think it's a good deal?

On the other hand ProjectWE4 just sold his high mile TTA with a nice built tranny and rebuilt engine for $5800. So you can find stuff cheap, if your patient.

Aaron91RS said:
again from his own words it has some rust spots, bad paint, a wavey fender, leaking header, and carfax shows two accidents. Still think it's a good deal?

On the other hand ProjectWE4 just sold his high mile TTA with a nice built tranny and rebuilt engine for $5800. So you can find stuff cheap, if your patient.

The best "deals" right now are on $9 - 10K cars that don't need anything. If someone sells a T/R for $5-7K now its probably because it needs another $6K to be "nice".

I paid $5K for my rust free T-type 10 years ago and put nearly 300 trouble free dragstrip passes on it. Those days are over. Buy a nice one while you can. Check lesser, but older "musclecar" prices for a portent of things to come.