WTF Rear Spring Insulator ?'s

Kid with a toy

Shaven Member
I need a little help here to understand something...or am I just slow. I went to replace the stock ones and picked up the new ones from GM. They're smaller...and thinner!!!! Do they even make the old thick ones anymore? Did I order the wrong ones?

The GM part number for the rear shock insulator is 10247105. Has anyone else tried to order these things and noticed that they have gotten smaller over the last 15 years? Or is it just me? :confused:

Erik Frederiksen

Is it possible the older ones didn't get mashed up some how? Weight of the car, you know.
Do they look like they would fit the diameter of the spring?

The new ones look like they'll fit. I was just curious as to rather or not anyone else on this board has had the same experience, and if the new ones worked fine...or if I should start the hunt for a set of oldies in better shape than mine.

Erik

Originally posted by Kid with a toy
The new ones look like they'll fit. I was just curious as to rather or not anyone else on this board has had the same experience, and if the new ones worked fine...or if I should start the hunt for a set of oldies in better shape than mine.

Erik
Erik, I'll be glad to come by and look at the new ones and their fit in relation to the new springs. You're welcome to come over and look at how my OEMs fit with the Rockwells. Either way Andrea will owe me dinner. Joel

Let me see...I know you're my mentor and all, but...

Your around 5'11 and 185 pounds.
My old lady is about 6'4'' and out weighs you by almost 75 pounds.
She's 24, while you're...well...I really enjoy parking up close at the mall with you during the Christmas holiday season. :)

I think I'll let you two wrestle it out. Keep your guard up, her left hook hurts like hell. :D

Seriously, I'll swing by your place in the morning before the gym, and show you the difference between the two coil pads. One is thin and narrow, while the other is thick and beefy...kinda like the difference between you and Andria. :eek: LMAO

I'll see ya in the morning ya CF.

Erik

BTW
How does Beef Tips with Rice grab you?

Although not on my car, I didn't care for the look or fit. Since they were all Erik had, the OEMs worn out, we put them on. I don't know how they worked out because the car was sold not long after. Sorry I don't have more to offer.

I have to agree with TurboGN on this one. The look and the fit had me a bit nervous, but, they did the trick. They never made a sound. And trust me, I beat the balls off of that car with 6-8 psi launches on the street and 12-14 psi launches on the track with peak boost of 32 psi, and those cheesy pads held together. I haven't heard of the new owner complaining about them either. HTH

Erik