WTB: Original delco battery

still looking
Problem is anyone who has held on to an original battery this long is probably not going to part with it. I believe in order to reproduce it they will end up up cutting an original apart to make the molds. Might try over on the Corvette forum and see if anyone over there has one.

Problem is anyone who has held on to an original battery this long is probably not going to part with it. I believe in order to reproduce it they will end up up cutting an original apart to make the molds. Might try over on the Corvette forum and see if anyone over there has one.

Yes I'm well aware of how it would be reproduced. And the corvette guys are in the same boat as none of the Delco freedom batteries manufacturered in the 80s are currently reproduced, believe me the NCRS forums were the first placed I looked.

I wish I hadn't thrown away the 3 I had laying around for years as it must be worth a pretty penny now just for the repro purposes alone.

Hope you find one and if I happen to find one I will let you know.

There are a couple places in this neck of the woods where a couple might still exist.

I wish I hadn't thrown away the 3 I had laying around for years as it must be worth a pretty penny now just for the repro purposes alone.

Hope you find one and if I happen to find one I will let you know.

There are a couple places in this neck of the woods where a couple might still exist.

Yes that would be great if you could locate one! I know Bryan Lynch(Phoneguy) tried getting one for me from Richard Clark, but I guess all the ones RC had were destroyed in the fire which really sucks. If I could get just one I plan on taking it to a company here in Ohio that reproduces older batteries, they mainly do anything from the late 70s on back, but are open to doing the delco freedoms as GM used them in several different cars, like the Montes, Corvettes, and Camaros of the 80s.

upload_2016-11-15_14-17-18.png

Have you tried "Hemmings". Maybe they have a parts wanted section. You would be reaching a lot more car and part enthusiasts that way. Good luck.