WTB GNX fender vent functional kit

Making prototypes.
Seems easy but these bends must be perfect. Also thinking in making these in plastic with the fender vents integrated.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Please do not go there...that was the reason the production was stopped in the beginning ...the vents were integrated as an assembly. But the vehicle variations prevented this from working.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up...
Will check if using plastic is easier to make and install.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That's great. Can u post some pics up?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I made them using pics and measurements given by a member.
Now, I still missing the relay brackets and the engine bay finishing surrounds.
The process was quite easy, bending the metal straight wasnt.
Anybody with a metal brake can make the ducts.
My plan is to make them in fiberglass as they are easier.
The finish is not an issue as they are inside the fender. Rust protection is.

i had the driver side and finally got around to making a reverse for the pass side

not a big fan the glue on thin plastic outer vent that is available . wish there was a more accurate reproduction with the retainer and 2 allen screws .

1209141521.jpg 1209141521a.jpg 1209141521b.jpg

i had the driver side and finally got around to making a reverse for the pass side

not a big fan the glue on thin plastic outer vent that is available . wish there was a more accurate reproduction with the retainer and 2 allen screws .

View attachment 241623 View attachment 241624 View attachment 241625

FYI...You are making the prototype vent design.... the inner and outer are attached to the vehicle ...this will be difficult to make look good on the car.
Trim your design down to a total width of approximately 2 1/4 inches ...this will be easier to make and look a lot better on the car.
The black is the prototype design ....silver production design before adding the black powder coat.

Attachments

• DSCN2188.JPG
    DSCN2188.JPG
    850.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
thanks for the info Rick
i picked up the one duct , the inner collars , relay brackets and the heavy plates ( i assume were for the ends of the inner fender wheelhouse ) off ebay a few years back

is easier to secure the vent to the inner fender.
also dont try to fit the vent to the outer fender unless you have the original gnx fender vents.