WTB: '89 TTA hardtop, low miles, quality condition:

Sorry for missing your PM Gary, but I haven't checked this message board in well over a month.

Yes, Dave does have my car now. I still miss it. In fact, I haven't seen it in over a year, I need to go up and visit to remember what it looked like. :p

As far as where all the hardtops are... who knows. In the 2 years I had mine I think I only saw 2 or 3 others come up for sale. They are few and far between and my guess is those that have them know what they are and want to hang onto them. My car was one of the lowest mileage hardtops I knew of. I did a LOT of searching and digging and only managed to find a couple hardtop cars out there.

When I bought mine, it had been right under my nose since 1990 at a friend's shop. He's the guy that bought it when Dave passed on it the first time.

Oh and Dave, DRIVE THAT THING! I drove it more in the two years I had it than it was driven in the previous 12, and I still didn't drive it enough. I think I put more mileage on it in a single round trip 100-octane fill up than you put on it in the last year and a half. :p

Troy

Good to hear from you, Troy.
Are you going to get another hardtop?
Drop me an e-mail so we can stay in touch?
I sent an e-mail to Dean Higson, alias "Albertan", but never heard back from him. I think that he is afraid to e-mail me back for fear that I will make an offer.

Originally posted by Gokou
Sorry for missing your PM Gary, but I haven't checked this message board in well over a month.

Yes, Dave does have my car now. I still miss it. In fact, I haven't seen it in over a year, I need to go up and visit to remember what it looked like. :p

As far as where all the hardtops are... who knows. In the 2 years I had mine I think I only saw 2 or 3 others come up for sale. They are few and far between and my guess is those that have them know what they are and want to hang onto them. My car was one of the lowest mileage hardtops I knew of. I did a LOT of searching and digging and only managed to find a couple hardtop cars out there.

When I bought mine, it had been right under my nose since 1990 at a friend's shop. He's the guy that bought it when Dave passed on it the first time.

Oh and Dave, DRIVE THAT THING! I drove it more in the two years I had it than it was driven in the previous 12, and I still didn't drive it enough. I think I put more mileage on it in a single round trip 100-octane fill up than you put on it in the last year and a half. :p

Troy

Troy,
The car still looks great. You are right very few of these ever come up for sale. Dean and I think mine is the second lowest mileage one and his is the lowest at under 1000 miles. I have been driving the festival car a little bit this days, except for the last month. It has been in the Towe Auto Museum. I think you are right about my miles I have put on the hardtop! :) Wasn't I supposed to keep in perfect condition for you? :D

You will have to come up this summer so I can see how the Chevelle project is coming along!

Take Care,
Dave