Wtb 87 gn

3-5.0

Would prefer a hardtop,and as everyone else expects-no rust,no bondo,straight,clear title,lower mileage,any documentation,reciepts for maintenance,detailed pictures etc etc.

I've been looking locally and one guy is dreaming about his price and the other is being difficult about info and pics-I'm not applying for a position to buy his car-so screw that.

Also looking at on-line dealers listings because they tend to take pics and are willing to work with shipping and generally buying from a brick and mortar store has a bit of back up to it...for the most part. Still,I have concerns and that is why I am here for another option.

Are you looking for stock, modified, heavily modified ? With or without a cage/roll bar? What are you looking to spend?

Bryan

Bryan,Im looking for stock,to I guess what is slightly modified. Upgraded turbo or intercooler or stuff that usually needs replacing and the owner takes that opportunity to upgrade it-if you know what I mean.

If I'm getting a car out of the States 20 grand is approximate price. Its going to cost me 2k for a do it all border broker(paper work n such) and I'm guessing another 2k for shipping. So I'd be into a U.S car for roughly 25.

I don't know what is generally expected a guy will get for 20k,but in my mind the ones being offered on ebay for exactly that...lets just say I have a few worries. Wobbly panels,door rust,oil leaking underneath,pics kinda avoiding exactly what you want to see. etc.

20 grand will buy you a very nice car. Do not be in a rush with a low mileage GN. If the owner will not take the pictures that you need to help you make a decision to fly/drive to see their car...run !! There have been some really nice cars for sale here recently, be patient and you will find what you are looking for. Also if you find a car that you need looked at out of your area see this thread, someone may be able to help.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/287242-anyone-thinking-about-buying-car-read.html

Good luck
Bryan

Thanks,will do. Once I get my mind on something I get revved up to get on it. I just did a mini rant in another thread.:D

Hey thanks for the heads up!,I was looking on ebay when I got a message notification lol. It has those damn t-tops though...I had a Monte SS with them,they are are cool but I dunno. The crank windows and low options are great.

Cars on hold till I transfer funds hopefully tomorrow,I'd hate to post pics before it wouldn't feel right...that and the car has-lets just say-rims I don't agree with:cool:.I'm sure alot of people glanced at that car and went uhh. I looked deeper and the seller assures me its low mile,original paint,hardtop and zippity doo da for options except for G80-just the way I wanted it. Seller so far super super nice guy. I dunno keepin my fingers crossed.