Wtb 86 / 87 Ttop Gn

Mapears

Hey Guys,

I'm in the LA area and I'm looking for an 86 / 87 mostly stock GN with TTops. I've got about $12.5K to work with. I'd like to think I can get a nice driver for this price?

Thanks,

Mark

mapearso@yahoo.com
818-749-7764

I think Don's Wife from DRW Transmission in San Diego is selling her mostly stock Gn. Its an 87 I believe with few miles and very, very clean vehicle. But I dont think its a t-top, and I myself own a t-top which I am converting in the future to a solid roof so I would recommend not getting a t-top. Too many leak issues and not as solid once you start modding for speed. You can Pm DonWG if your inerested.

hey,

thanks for the advice. i wish i could FIT in a hardtop but i'm too tall and the hardtop car doesn't have enuff headroom to drive comfortably... unless i rip the headliner out. i can just squeeze into a ttop car tho, the cutout tops create some extra headroom.

i'm not too concerned about the mods issue with the ttop. i plan to keep the car mostly stock. the leaks, rattles and wind noise are another story, i had an '86 442 w/ttops and i remember it could get annoying after a while.

thanks again

best,

mark

Thanks but that's too much car and too much $$$. I'm looking for a mostly stock TTop car and have about $12K to work with.

Hey Guys,

So I'm having a hard time finding a mostly stock / few bolt-ons T-Top GN or TR here in So Cal. I do have an opportunity to pick up what looks like a nice reasonably priced 87 GN from out of state. One issue that worries me (not as much as not being able to look at it / drive it myself in person, which is of course a BIGGER issue) is that the car has some mods and I don't know if it'll pass smog... I've never tried to bring a car in from out of state -- are any of these mods going to create a Cali DMV smog issue??

-Big cold air intake
-3" downpipe
-cat-back exhaust
-RJC power plate and boost controller
-Walboro fuel pump
-Turbotweak chip / 16lbs boost on 93 octane

Altho it’s a good deal on what looks like a solid car, I’m real worried about bringing it in from out of state and not passing smog

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Mark

You might talk to Lou. He fabs up a bracket that lowers the seat in some of his hard top cars. He's 6'6" tall.

Good luck.
Mike B.