Wrx

On a road course the STi would be able to take the SVT. It can brake later than the SVT, power earlier in the turns, it can hold a higher lateral G than the stang and the tranny keeps the car in its powerband through the gears (drops like 1500 rpm). On a road course the SVT will loose, straight line it will win. Of course driver skill also plays a major role.

Nick

Originally posted by I eat Z06
On a road course the STi would be able to take the SVT. It can brake later than the SVT, power earlier in the turns, it can hold a higher lateral G than the stang and the tranny keeps the car in its powerband through the gears (drops like 1500 rpm). On a road course the SVT will loose, straight line it will win. Of course driver skill also plays a major role.

Nick

Hey are you going to road race your STI?? Probaly not. So what you are trying to say your car is a better car for what you would use is for? Dude you have a nice car ,but that first time you try a 03 Cobra on the street or on the expressway you have to post that the car destroyed your STI. A close friend of mine has a Cobra ,and that car surpised me. I have seen him street race this car with a pulley, full exhaust, Nitrous pete throttle body ,and a 50 shot ,and this car is sick. Now this year he putting a 8.8 in the car with strange axles ,and a blowzilla . The car will easily go mid 10's on a stock long block. Let's see your car do that!

I do plan on doing solo 1 with the STi. I also plan on doing straight 1/4 mile. Plan on doing spectator drag at a local circle track. I raced a 10 second Buick (straight 1/4 mile) with a 455 in my stock GN a few years back at a 1/4 mile circle track. Whooped the **** out of him. Point, huge ammounts of power are not as important as usable power. The SVT has more power than the STi, but the STi puts its power to the ground effectivly. Check out the link I posted earlier with the video. It show how a WRX kills a Camaro off the line a gets a big enough gap from the start to win. Power is GRREEEAAATTT, but pointless if you cant use it effectivly. I mentioned earlier that a cobra with $500 in upgrades would beat a STi with $500 in upgrades. A supercharged V8 should beat the crap out of a turbo 4. But stock for stock they are damn close. Your buddy looks like he put quite a few bucks into his car too. Willing to race your buddy in the 1/4 mile, at the sand drags.:D I will be happy runnin in the 12's with my daily driver (modded). How strong are the Ford motors with blowers and N2O?

Nick

I do plan on doing solo 1 with the STi. I also plan on doing straight 1/4 mile. Plan on doing spectator drag at a local circle track. I raced a 10 second Buick (straight 1/4 mile) with a 455 in my stock GN a few years back at a 1/4 mile circle track. Whooped the **** out of him. Point, huge ammounts of power are not as important as usable power. The SVT has more power than the STi, but the STi puts its power to the ground effectivly. Check out the link I posted earlier with the video. It show how a WRX kills a Camaro off the line a gets a big enough gap from the start to win. Power is GRREEEAAATTT, but pointless if you cant use it effectivly. I mentioned earlier that a cobra with $500 in upgrades would beat a STi with $500 in upgrades. A supercharged V8 should beat the crap out of a turbo 4. But stock for stock they are damn close. Your buddy looks like he put quite a few bucks into his car too. Willing to race your buddy in the 1/4 mile, at the sand drags.:D I will be happy runnin in the 12's with my daily driver (modded). How strong are the Ford motors with blowers and N2O?

Well as I said many times that DOHC mod motor is a proven motor. He raced the car all summer ,and the only drive line problem he has was breaking the IRS in the car once. As far as how much money invested in modding the car he maybe has $1500 in the car now including the nitrous kit. Don't give me that AWD speech. My WRX has been through a trans ,and 2 rear ends ,and I do not beat the hell out out the car. My car was at Subaru more than his car was at ford ,and you are a subaru guy you know how limited the EJ20 is ,so that was a waist of time bringing that car up. Hey I have a question for you. How much did you have to invest in your WRX to see those numbers?

The STi has a MUCH stronger 6 speed vs. WRX shatty glass 5 speed. My 03 went to the shop for a lost 2nd syncro last summer, so I feel your pain. The STi also has different driveshafts too. The STi has the EJ25 vs. WRX EJ20. If your talkin about that video, not my car. But my 03 had 9.5lb flywheel (26.5 stock), ACT clutch, Injen Raceing Division Intake, Gruppe-S up pipe, 3" HKS downpipe, Apexi N1 3" cat back, modified I/C intake, computer reset mod, dropped some weight. About $1,200 bucks, but that pushed the boost up to 17 psi from 14 or 15. I had the computer tricked somehow so the car was always runnin a little rich, so no knock.

Nick

GTO vs, STi

I'm NOT into rice either sorry to say,but what about the new GTO?ZO6 you seem to have all kinda of facts and figures,how does your beloved Scooby Doo match up to the new Goat?:(

BUY AMERICAN
EAT RICE FOR DINNER

I love American muscle and thats why I hate to say that the scooby will pretty much annihilate the new GTO when it comes out. just look at the numbers in the 1/4 and the Skidpad. The GTO is lacking IMO.

A supercharged V8 should beat the crap out of a turbo 4. But stock for stock they are damn close.

2.5L w/ 14+ psi vs. 4.6L w/8 psi..... So the Subie motor is a little more than half the displacement, but has almost twice the boost. Not sure how the V8 should "beat the crap out of it" with those statistics. Now, we all know boost and displacement aren't quite proportional, but you get the point. And an average of half a second between the cars with equal average drivers is not "damn close" in my book. And the quickest stock times I've seen for each car have a 0.4 difference. That's a lot of distance when you're trapping 110 or more..... well, in the Cobra anyhow.

I finally got beside a STi in my LX, from a roll at 30 I was in 3rd he was in 2nd. It was really quick, thankfully I have the Kenne Bell for instant boost. Driver told me his best was 13.2 so far.

A Supercharged V8 with almost 100hp and 100 ft/lb torque should whale on a Turbo Boxter4. And the stang has better power to weight ratio. There are guys in stock subies hittin 13.0, most likely stock SVT doin the same (i dont look at mustang forums). The STi can stop quicker and pull a higher lateral g. So it is faster on tracks with turns. The subies will pounce on the new Goat. Waitin till GM throws a Z06 motor or LS2 in it. Check out the new SAAB 9-2X. Just a WRX wagon with body kit, same style interior too.

Nick

Stock Cobras are hitting much better than 13.0. How much do the Subies weigh? I was not aware of the power/weight ratio. I know most Cobras are coming in around 3700-3800 without driver. The power comparison is obvious... just look at trap speeds. All you're really arguing is that the Subie gets better traction from the factory. No one is arguing that fact. Most stock Cobras I see run high 12s @ 110-112(some a little less). Most stock STis I see run mid-low 13s @ 104-106. The best I've heard of the Subie is some 13.0s. I remember hearing of a 12.9, but never saw any slips. The best I've heard of a stock was 12.5 or 12.6, and some low 12's with tires (although that's not stock).

They're both sweet machines, but the argument of which is the better bang for the buck depends on what you want. If for some reason you want to go fast in the rain and snow, the STi is all it, along with great handling and braking. If you wanna go plain fast, and have a car that's been well into the 9s it's first year out, along with good handling and braking, gotta go with Cobra. Road courses with sweeping curves and long straights will go to the Cobra, tight course will be all STi. I'll just be enjoying my 11sec (10sec soon) daily driver.... glad you're enjoying your car.

A Supercharged V8 with almost 100hp and 100 ft/lb torque should whale on a Turbo Boxter4. And the stang has better power to weight ratio. There are guys in stock subies hittin 13.0, most likely stock SVT doin the same (i dont look at mustang forums). The STi can stop quicker and pull a higher lateral g. So it is faster on tracks with turns. The subies will pounce on the new Goat. Waitin till GM throws a Z06 motor or LS2 in it. Check out the new SAAB 9-2X. Just a WRX wagon with body kit, same style interior too.

Nick

A Corba will rape a STI. Put a tire on that Cobra ,and the STI will see tail lights. That Cobra has more mph. The only reason the STI is as fast the Cobra stock is a sticky tire AWD car vs a RWD car with a lot of torgue ,so the STI can 60ft better than a stock Cobra. Like I said put a tire on the Cobra ,and you will see that story change really fast. If you wanna try to compare your car to american muscle try the camero or the mach 1 . Why pick on one of the best muscle cars built?

I agree with Viscious last paragraph. But add that on this board most of us already have some fast as shiiit V6's. So I dont need another car breaking 11's (especially with gas prices). With the set up of the STi in most street races you dont get the chance to hit 100 mph, so grabbing the lead from zero makes a big difference. Wanted to do this, but ran out of time. In MI Lapeer dragway closes the second week in December (around 30 deg), perfect for AWD turbo. :D Took the GN out in Nov. and couldn't hook up.:mad: Boost I didnt start picking on the SVT, HOT ROD mag did. I just stated points that compared Japans fastest stock car in the US on sale now (minus the NSX).

Nick

The subies will pounce on the new Goat. Waitin till GM throws a Z06 motor or LS2 in it.

Nick [/B]

How do you figure that?!? The new GTO is supposed to be rated around 345hp,"subie" is rated @ 300 and will get bitch slapped in the 1/4 mile face it.and please don't bring up that it will beat it in the snow either or a road ralley,those are some just plane stupid comments.:(

i'm sorry the new Goat has 350 hp and 365lb-ft and the sti is 300hp and 300lb-ft,and you say the "subie will pounce on the new Goat"i think you better re think that one!:confused:

The goad does a 5.3 to 60 vs. 4.9 for sti, 4.5 for WRX. The GTO does 1/4 mile in 14 flat vs. STi 13.0-13.3 (driver), 14.6 for WRX.
Remember that the GTO also weighs more than the WRX and STi the GTO has to lug around 10.92lbs per horse and the STi has to drag 10.88lbs per horse around. Still waiting for the Z06 powerplant in the GTO, maybee a Judge. The STi will pounce on the GTO. Names dont make things go faster, just sell faster.

Nick

all those folks who go out and buy the new goat are gonna be pretty upset when they are still getting their asses handed to them by LS1 f-bodies. Which I might add was underrated at 310hp in 01 and 02.

Everyone who knows Jack about an 03 Cobra knows that you've got to be a horrible driver to only get a 13.3 out of it. Those are Mid 12sec. cars. period!