Wow- Just Installed Kirban's Rear Seat Brace Kit!

Yankee John

I can't believe how much this kit helped to eliminate the noises, creaks, and rattles from my T-Top car!

John

Yea, they made my car feel a lot tighter and it seemed higher also in the rear. I would not drive a g body without them and the front frame brace.

when installing did you had the car jacked up on stands in order to have the suspension in a nuetral position, or did you just install the brace as the car sat on its own weight?

thank you in advance

when installing did you had the car jacked up on stands in order to have the suspension in a nuetral position, or did you just install the brace as the car sat on its own weight?

thank you in advance

You should do it on jack stands at least for the rear seat brace kit. It makes a world of difference when they are done.

I had the car up on jack stands- The tires still touched the ground, but just high enough so that the coil springs were unloaded (and I could still climb into the trunk :D).

I already installed the front frame braces and they helped a lot too. Still need to do the front connecting brace and underhood braces......

John

thank you in advance

John

Did you install the GNX style or the standard one? I have the standard one now and am wondering if the GNX style will work even better.

Thanks
Chris

I installed the standard, tubular style kit. It took me just under an hour to install.

John

John

Did you install the GNX style or the standard one? I have the standard one now and am wondering if the GNX style will work even better.

Thanks
Chris

I would like to put a rear seat brace kit in as well but have been having a hard time deciding which one to put in. Has anybody been able to experience the difference, if any, between the two. Also how much harder is it to put the GNX rear seat brace in compared to the regular one?

I would recommend the standard tubular kit- It's an easy and fairly quick installation. You will be amazed at the decrease in interior creaks and squeaking.

I haven't tried the GNX-style brace, but I have heard that they perform the same function.

John

I would like to put a rear seat brace kit in as well but have been having a hard time deciding which one to put in. Has anybody been able to experience the difference, if any, between the two. Also how much harder is it to put the GNX rear seat brace in compared to the regular one?

GNX style:

Attachments

• blue t 018.jpg
    blue t 018.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 683
kirban 2 cents worth

First, of all the suspension upgrades in braces etc you can make the rear seat brace kit makes the biggest difference even in a solid roof Turbo Regal.

We sell both kits as does others...The GNX style can even be made stronger if you tack weld it and the advantage with that one is it looks like the real GNX style.

The 4 brace kit has been available probably over a dozen years and thousands are out there so in the game of numbers that is the most popular one and the one I have even in my personal turbo-t.

The cross brace and frotn connecting brace wil also help as does the missing body bushings as they are referred to.

SInce you have a T-Top car replace your anti rattle weather strip its a cheap weatherstrip seal that helps take up the gap in your roof panels to the T panel.

Just my quick thoughts...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here is a quick pic of the 4-brace Kirban's kit that I installed on my GN.

John

Attachments

• braces1.jpg
    braces1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 471