WOW....it passed CT emissions....FYI for everyone

Not having an egr didn't seem to make much difference for me, my intake has been ported / egr delete plus the GN1's do not have any provision for it. I popped in my emissions Turbotweak chip which surely uses the egr if it is functioning plus pulls timing and fuel, almost zeroed all of the tests on a stock shortblock...

guys from conn.wasn't that suppose to be for 2 years on the emission test? if i remember right blumenthal was up in arms about paying the $20 and only getting 1 year before retest(this was when agbar was having all the trouble)i am going to have to look at mine and see what it says.(car is put away for winter)

Yep, the test period is every two years. At least until 2012, when our cars become exempt. I think it's a 25 year rolling exemption, could be 20, which would make 'em exempt next year!
:confused:

CT is 25 years, I passed with flying colors but what a joke the whole process is.

I haven't looked at the new test but what used to piss me off about the old test (among many other things) was they would lower the acceptable limit on older cars. If the car met the limit when they instituted the program how could they expect you to meet a lower one? Rumour was years ago that they were trying to force the older cars off the road, or force you to add a cat converter.

I also noticed they bang us for $10 on our registration for "clean air". If I passed emissions why do I have to pay another $10 for every car?

Either way, they all suck! I can't wait until the TR's drop off. Of course, gas might be 87 octane and $10 a gallon by then!

I agree, it's all a crock. I've never had a car fail (and almost every car I've had was modified in one way or another), but we still have to go through this crap. It's all tied to federal highway funding dollars (I believe $400M dollars!). If CT doesn't have an emissions program, we lose our funding. Yep, an extra $10 on the reg. Damn enviro nazi's!!!!! :mad: Rrrrrr I'd like to duct tape their mouth to the dumppipe on the GN and rev it to 5K for a coupla minutes.

Just took my '00 Grand Prix through today. Since it's OBDII, they don't even put the test result numbers for CO, HC or NOx on the report. It's either pass or fail. Earlier this week the SES light came on, and stayed on for 3 days. Word is that if your SES light is on, they won't test your car. Boy was I sweatin'. The light went out on Thursday. Damn thing probably burped or farted or something stupid, but it's been running like brand new all the time.

Before ya know it, cars will have to CLEAN the air as they drive.

Black Box said:
Just took my '00 Grand Prix through today. Since it's OBDII, they don't even put the test result numbers for CO, HC or NOx on the report. It's either pass or fail. Earlier this week the SES light came on, and stayed on for 3 days. Word is that if your SES light is on, they won't test your car.

You are correct, no SES lights. But from what I have been told they will pull what the code is. Non-emissions code = no test, go home and fix it prior to coming back. Esimssions code = Fail and pay the cashier :mad: . The whole program is another car tax.

And wouldn't ya know, my SES light came back on today. I guess the Buick V6 Gods are watchin' out for me....:D