Wow, Barry Grant filed Chapter 7

Man,that is sad. I sure hope something else comes along for him, he has given a lot to the car industry.

I thought he filed in 2009.My buddy has/had them as a sponsor on his Nmca Corvette. We will probably be seeing alot more bk's in the future:frown:

Dang!

Besides great parts, he's always put up NHRA contingentcy money to suport the classes. We always had his sticker (and fuel pump) on our dragster. Sad news:(. I hope he can bounce back.

Mike Barnard

Things like this is happening every where. Reggie Fountain lost Fountain boats a month ago. At the time of the housing crunch two years ago I was looking at a Fouintain and they had gotten rid of all there in house stock of performance boats they were on a order bassis only. I guess not many orders where placed. Very sad:(

there is a lot more of this coming, many compaines in this industry all the way up to Edlebrock are having problems with this economy. Sad

Things like this is happening every where. Reggie Fountain lost Fountain boats a month ago. At the time of the housing crunch two years ago I was looking at a Fouintain and they had gotten rid of all there in house stock of performance boats they were on a order bassis only. I guess not many orders where placed. Very sad:(

I was talking to a boat tech today and he said Mercury marine is treading on thin ice also. He said that their drivetrains are in alot of different boats. So that is not good for the boating industry I guess

So that means no more Demon carburetors with metal shavings in them from the factory?

Still though that sucks he lost his home.

Never link your house to your company. I know alot of people that did it for the down stroke of their company and when it flopped the house went with it. Bad business practice.If you dont have the money or padding to fall back on dont chance it. Get investors and loose their money and risk the broken legs:eek:

I don't know much about that company or the causes behind this but I am a little surprised. That's a BIG name in the industry.
At SEMA last year the outlook was great, the show was huge, and people were talking about how much things are improving. Sadly it did seem like more companies were outsourcing overseas.

X3

Its hard for the carb companies because of EFI and the economy. Holley filed 2 years ago.

Chris

Hate to say it **** his products SUCKED... i know I will probably get flack for saying it but hell the guy used to do nothing but degrade his customers!

Wow, didn't really know anything about his products other than they looked like a Holley somewhat. Didn't realize he had a bad reputation. Haven't owned a carb for over 15 years.:)

Hate to say it **** his products SUCKED... i know I will probably get flack for saying it but hell the guy used to do nothing but degrade his customers!

No flack here, his knock off Holley carbs were NOTORIOUS for having METAL SHAVINGS inside. :eek: Right out of the box!

I had dealings w/ his "techy" ONE TIME>>>Enuf for me. I felt like a total moron for daring to ask a ? about his $hitty fuel filters..
He's put out so much junk, that the Summit acct was shut off due to "too many warranty returns".

What goes around, comes around...