Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Keep them here

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Leave the UN entirely

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

gnXfan

GNless but Debtfree too!
We can save a ton of money not having to protect them. Money better served protecting citizens. Let them put their oversized building in France.

I'll respond to this the same way I did on the other board:
Keep your friends close and your enemys closer.:)

Originally posted by gnXfan
We can save a ton of money not having to protect them. Money better served protecting citizens. Let them put their oversized building in France.

AGREED. GET THEM MOOCHES OUT OF HERE !!!!

That would be a pretty bad move. Flipping off the whole world just because of a few countries? This will pass, and they know they have work to do to improve relations for later. They may come around to our way of thinking. Pulling out over one incident in history (a big event, but still) would be immature and possibly harmful in the future. It will soon be time to build more bridges, not burn the ones we have now. Might lose allies in the process. IMO, we have been vindicated with all the finds etc. Why pull out when we're being proven right? Let the countries that don't agree pull out, or come back sucking up to be in the world's good graces.

Just my .02, I leave those decisions up to the people who know better than I do and are more informed.

Originally posted by GN One Day...
That would be a pretty bad move. Flipping off the whole world just because of a few countries? This will pass, and they know they have work to do to improve relations for later. They may come around to our way of thinking. Pulling out over one incident in history (a big event, but still) would be immature and possibly harmful in the future. It will soon be time to build more bridges, not burn the ones we have now. Might lose allies in the process. IMO, we have been vindicated with all the finds etc. Why pull out when we're being proven right? Let the countries that don't agree pull out, or come back sucking up to be in the world's good graces.

Just my .02, I leave those decisions up to the people who know better than I do and are more informed.

YOU ANSWERED THE WRONG QUESTION. :confused:

Sorry if I misinterpreted the question. I would think that kicking the U.N. out would come along with pulling out of it entirely. Can't see kicking them out of the U.S. and staying in it. If NYC is the question, why would they keep it in the U.S. but not in NYC? Keep it there as a reminder that it could have been *their* building that got taken out instead of the towers.

Originally posted by gnXfan

I DON'T THINK THE ABOVE SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT PULLING OUT OF THE UN. MOVING THEM OUT OF THE COUNTRY WOULD JUST CAUSE THEM TO "MOOCH" OFF SOMEBODY ELSES HOSPITALITY. I DON'T THINK THEY APPRECIATE US OR OUR HOSPITALITY.

WE DON'T HAVE TO GET OUT. WE CAN JUST PARTICIPATE IN WHAT IS ADVANTAGEOUS TO US. GETTING THE UN TO GO ALONG WITH ARTICLE 1441, WHICH THEY UNANIMOUSLY AGREED TO DO, WAS FOR THE ADVANTAGE OF THE UN. WE REACHED OUT TO THEM AND THEY FAILED TO UPHOLD THEIR OWN DIRECTIVES AND THEREFORE, MADE THEMSELVES IRRELEVANT.

Re: Re: Would you kick the UN out of NYC?

Originally posted by Red Regal T
I DON'T THINK THE ABOVE SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT PULLING OUT OF THE UN. MOVING THEM OUT OF THE COUNTRY WOULD JUST CAUSE THEM TO "MOOCH" OFF SOMEBODY ELSES HOSPITALITY. I DON'T THINK THEY APPRECIATE US OR OUR HOSPITALITY.

WE DON'T HAVE TO GET OUT. WE CAN JUST PARTICIPATE IN WHAT IS ADVANTAGEOUS TO US. GETTING THE UN TO GO ALONG WITH ARTICLE 1441, WHICH THEY UNANIMOUSLY AGREED TO DO, WAS FOR THE ADVANTAGE OF THE UN. WE REACHED OUT TO THEM AND THEY FAILED TO UPHOLD THEIR OWN DIRECTIVES AND THEREFORE, MADE THEMSELVES IRRELEVANT.

Ditto.

Location of the UN....

A pretty thoughtful subject for a Buick board....YES, I thought about this the other day.

Since you asked....UN headquarters on US soil has had some consequenses:

- Puffed up US politicians
- Free access to US soil for terrorists and spys under diplomatic immunity
- Gives all foriegn people associated with UN the mpression that all of the US is like NYC (RICH, RICH, DECADENT, RICH, RICH!)

I think that with the UN based somewhere else, misconceptions about the US and its people can change.

Recently, My President Bush voluntarily pledged 3 BILLION for AIDS in Africa. UN deligates, who were sitting around in ***** Hotels eating sumptious gormet meals and solving the world's hunger problem, said "Its not enough". :confused:

Shame on them....We're borrowing that money you rubes! My grandchildren are going to pay back the money we've spent on the UN the last 30 years well into the middle of this century :(

The UN, and the world seem to EXPECT the US to pay for everything that needs fixing in this world. WE give our young soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines to die in Europe, the Middle East, the Far East and more, we give the lion's share to the UN budget, NATO, OAS....And THEY, yes THEY want more :rolleyes: They are professional extortionists, only they don't go through the mob bosses.

I have contempt for the UN and its arrogant inability not to DO anything when the going gets tough. Its a debating society. I wish it was more than that. Too bad FDR "gave" France a veto on the security council....

Toss em OUT :D

Paris might be a good place for the UN. Jacques Chirac won't have to drive to far to take his pals from Russia and Germany to lunch or dinner. :p

Re: Location of the UN....

Originally posted by lburou
A pretty thoughtful subject for a Buick board....YES, I thought about this the other day.

Since you asked....UN headquarters on US soil has had some consequenses:

- Puffed up US politicians
- Free access to US soil for terrorists and spys under diplomatic immunity
- Gives all foriegn people associated with UN the mpression that all of the US is like NYC (RICH, RICH, DECADENT, RICH, RICH!)

I think that with the UN based somewhere else, misconceptions about the US and its people can change.

Recently, My President Bush voluntarily pledged 3 BILLION for AIDS in Africa. UN deligates, who were sitting around in ***** Hotels eating sumptious gormet meals and solving the world's hunger problem, said "Its not enough". :confused:

Shame on them....We're borrowing that money you rubes! My grandchildren are going to pay back the money we've spent on the UN the last 30 years well into the middle of this century :(

The UN, and the world seem to EXPECT the US to pay for everything that needs fixing in this world. WE give our young soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines to die in Europe, the Middle East, the Far East and more, we give the lion's share to the UN budget, NATO, OAS....And THEY, yes THEY want more :rolleyes: They are professional extortionists, only they don't go through the mob bosses.

I have contempt for the UN and its arrogant inability not to DO anything when the going gets tough. Its a debating society. I wish it was more than that. Too bad FDR "gave" France a veto on the security council....

Toss em OUT :D

WELL EXPLAINED............ALL GREAT POINTS! ;)

Personally, I think they ought to be working out of tents in the middle of the Sudan... Yet another totally USELESS bunch of lawyers and politicos! :mad: