Worst engine paint job you have seen?

BMR

Bad Medicine Racing
When I got my GN someone down the line had painted basically everything on the engine except the block and heads yellow. The intercooler, puke tank, windshield washer tank, and the radiator hold down were yellow as well. I will post some pics in a bit. Anyone else have any good stories and pics of paint jobs you got second handed and didn't care for?

I saw a gn with the block painted Chevy orange. Looked stoopid

Ugh. Thats as bad as this yellow. The sad thing about mine was the execution was stellar. They took the time to disassemble everything, even the alternator, before it was painted. And whatever they used for paint was some tough stuff. It took a lot of time and a gallon of paint stripper to remove it.

I bought a GN that the owner painted the block valve cover's and misc accessories neon Green for some reason he painted the crossmember and rear end cover as well.. I asked him WTF is up with the green. He said someone tried to steal the car at one point in time so he knew if he would do some crazy colorful scheme he could pick his car or parts out quick. I guess it made some sense but it sure was BUTT ugly, i had to take it all apart and redo it.

I bought a GN that the owner painted the block valve cover's and misc accessories neon Green for some reason he painted the crossmember and rear end cover as well.. I asked him WTF is up with the green. He said someone tried to steal the car at one point in time so he knew if he would do some crazy colorful scheme he could pick his car or parts out quick. I guess it made some sense but it sure was BUTT ugly, i had to take it all apart and redo it.

Liv4gnz?

When I bought my cutlass it had a butchered 455 Olds in it. I dont know why, but yellow is a terrible engine color. They didnt even take the time to clean off the grease. There was other bad stuff like using the buick frame pads and cutting a hole in the firewall to fit the distributor but the yellow was pretty bad.

Here is mine finally.

Attachments

• tmp_7619-0611141908793906729.jpg
    tmp_7619-0611141908793906729.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 294
its a fact gm painted most engines black not to see oil leaks .. Dale sr had all his nascar engines painted orange

And this is after the rebuild and almost a gallon of aircraft stripper.

Attachments

• tmp_7619-1129141444-1181634277.jpg
    tmp_7619-1129141444-1181634277.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 272