World's fastest EVO X, is another local...

1BADTT

The 1st EVO X to run 10s was a local guy, now another guy broke his record. Not sure on the mods done though. He ran 10.77 @ 125 mph. Some pics & a vid enjoy!

32.jpg

37.jpg

34.jpg

DSC04058.jpg

DSC04025.jpg

Vid:
World Fastest EVO X 10.77 @ 125 mph - Video

Thanks for the pics & vid.

Nice, I'm sure it won't take long and you will see one in the low 10's high 9's.

We got a guy here locally that has almost got his 9 in the 9's. Best pass so far was a 10.01@145. Have yet to see a Evo X on the track yet though.

We got a guy here locally that has almost got his 9 in the 9's. Best pass so far was a 10.01@145. Have yet to see a Evo X on the track yet though.

It's just a matter of time & some traction for that fellow, he's got the mileage already @ 145. Let me tell ya, these EVOs are not to be taken lightly they got potential. A guy here is running 9.3s @ 156 mph in his EVO 9.

The evo's are fast and take off quick thats for sure.

But..they are butt ugly and I just can't look at them like a performance car. Like the charger and impala ss's,I don't care if it has 700hp it's still a 4 door ugly car.

But like was said they are not to be taken lightly,not lightly at all!:eek:

Just keep them racing them,Im now building the 5 and 6 speeds trannys from these cars.
Ive done 2 5 speeds and 4 6speeds in the last 3 weeks:D

Just keep them racing them,Im now building the 5 and 6 speeds trannys from these cars.
Ive done 2 5 speeds and 4 6speeds in the last 3 weeks:D

Yup ! People keep racing them & you'll have ur retirement funds made out of EVO trans alone. I spoke with Chris Black (AMS PERFORMANCE's tuner) when they came here this past May & he extracted 1130 awhp from their shop's EVO 8 drag car. I personally asked him what they expected with their new found power & he said the motor was rock solid but the drivetrain just couldn't take it. I give the thumbs up for the 4G63 though, it's just an awesome powerplant considering it's a 4 cylinder.

Yup ! People keep racing them & you'll have ur retirement funds made out of EVO trans alone. I spoke with Chris Black (AMS PERFORMANCE's tuner) when they came here this past May & he extracted 1130 awhp from their shop's EVO 8 drag car. I personally asked him what they expected with their new found power & he said the motor was rock solid but the drivetrain just couldn't take it. I give the thumbs up for the 4G63, it's just an awesome powerplant considering it's a 4 cylinder.
If you know anyone who needs one done,Let em know.
Ive been in the tranny bussiness since 87.
I actually like building them and and am in the process of sending out a set of gears to have them proshifted for a spare trans we have.

Yup ! People keep racing them & you'll have ur retirement funds made out of EVO trans alone. I spoke with Chris Black (AMS PERFORMANCE's tuner) when they came here this past May & he extracted 1130 awhp from their shop's EVO 8 drag car. I personally asked him what they expected with their new found power & he said the motor was rock solid but the drivetrain just couldn't take it. I give the thumbs up for the 4G63, it's just an awesome powerplant considering it's a 4 cylinder.

I would think a lot of the faster guys would go to a dogbox/gforce trans?? I know AMS wants to keep the AWD, but personally I'm sure the car would be faster with RWD and a Glide... The Godfather of the 4G63 (David Buschur) has already figured this out a LONG time ago~
https://secure.buschurracing.com/ca...22_98&osCsid=bafd62ea13ad53bd2ae74f3fe1c24035