Workin on my 84 T Type and I have a few questions

Camfreek

Thanks Rob!!!
Basically I had smoked the motor in my WH1 and I have a spare that I was told it was rebuilt. I did tear it down and it was rebuilt but very poorly. 5 of the 6 pistond match and one dont. The mains are toast and that is where I figure I will just do it right the first time. I am not going to go all out on this on. I want it pretty mild as far as the build goes. I am going with Hyper pistons seeing I can get a great deal on them. I have the heads and intake ported a bit. I am going to run 30 pound injectors and also a double roller timing chain. I would like to ask you guys what you think would be a good cam and torque converter since I will have it all apart. Please keep in mind I am just going mild and just bumping it up alittle. I am keeping the stock turbo and downpipe and headers and all that. Any thoughts??? Thanks

I am running a stock cam and a 2800 stall converter. Plenty fast for me and my mods. Remember, I know nothing about performance wrt cams. The only thing I heard is that it does not make a big dfference unless you are really trying to go fast. Brad

You don't need a large cam...

Compcam 206/206 in my current combo.

Some guys are having success with the larger 212/214 and I could agree if you are going to the larger 4.1 set up.

Others will say... Go as big as you can.

You will hear all sorts of suggestions... the 206/206 is the only one I haven't wiped on install. :D So... given that... I am happy with it.

What else

So the stock cam is a good cam from what you guys are sying? I don't need to spend the money there. Since I have it all apart and down to a bare block what would you guys recommend? I cleaned up the bad castings already in the lifter valley. I got the heads and intake ported. What about valve springs? Any thoughts here? I want something that will last for a long while so I can enjoy it. I really can't think of much myself so I thought I would ask. Thanks guys

What is your goal?

You should be able to get your car deep into the 13's/high 12's with a "stock" camshaft. If you want more... as you are porting your heads ect you should consider something that will add to that combo.

Again... you will see a variety of suggestions.