Woodward Dream Cruise

WOT4ME

OK, so it’s officially on Saturday the 20th, but everyone knows that if you want to actually cruise your car, you gotta go during the week- c'mon out with us!

The Michigan Buick Turbo Club (and comrades) are meeting again this year at 6:00 (or so) on Wednesday night, August 17th at the Moose Preserve Bar and Grill, (248) 858-7688, NE corner of Woodward and Square Lake Rd. in Bloomfield Hills, MI (2 minutes from I-75). Last year saw over 25 TR's and a WHOLE lot of "We're Not Worthy!" bows on the strip. :biggrin:

We're in and out of their lot most of the night- get there
whenever you can and don’t miss being a part of the largest mobile automotive event in the world!

Patty
You're only young once, but you can remain immature indefinitely.

I will be there...
You guys and gals should think about meeting up.
Every year has been a riot, and the looks the "natives" give are worth the trip. :cool:
Lots of cool rides, laughs and good company as well.
Hope to see some of you there.
Brian

I am going to try to make it out if work permits. I really want to see 25+ TRs cruising the strip.

Brian, are you the guy that bought my H/O ? If so, what did you ever decide to do with it?

Mike, That would be me! :)
I have sold a few parts. But, have kept much of the newer things.
Hope to see you there...
Brian

Hey Patty,

Would you mind the Canadian gang meeting up with you guy's again this year?

Should be able to round up 3-6 TR's for the ride. :cool:

Tim

By all means- we can't have our proper International TR Fleet without our Canadian Contingent! Try to hit the tunnel by 5:00 if you can, and bring along as many as you can corral. I only wish I could see the expression on the face of the immigration weinies- they're always a laugh a minute. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Catch me on my cell if you're running late at the border: 586-215-2320. I'll tell them you are expected at an international summit and have diplomatic immunity. :biggrin:

Patty

WOT4ME said:
By all means- we can't have our proper International TR Fleet without our Canadian Contingent! Try to hit the tunnel by 5:00 if you can, and bring along as many as you can corral. I only wish I could see the expression on the face of the immigration weinies- they're always a laugh a minute. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Catch me on my cell if you're running late at the border: 586-215-2320. I'll tell them you are expected at an international summit and have diplomatic immunity. :biggrin:

Patty

Thanks Patty,

Will start rounding up the troops eh?. :)

Both me and my Dad are leaving with are TR's on Friday morning for Woodward. any meeting place for Friday,Friday night, or Saturday. we would love to come meet up with some US guys. Wish we could make it for Wensday but only have rooms for Friday and Sat.

I heard that Square Lake Rd. is under consturction between Woodward and 75. Can anyone confirm this as we will need to take a different route to get there.

Thanks

:D

Good eye, Tim- I swear this state has all the amentities of a 3rd world country. If you'll be taking I-75 north to Bloomfield Hills just take one of the exits south of Square Lake to Woodward and cruise Woodward in. The MDOT website sez:

I-75N at Square Lake Road is closed, Square Lake between Opdyke and Woodward now closed in both directions, I-75S to Square Lake Road closed at Opdyke. In addition, 12 mile between Middlebelt and Orchard Lake Road is under construction which allegedly ends today. In other words, once you're on Woodward at any point, you're OK (but the civilians won't be, hehehe).

Kent C- make it Wednesday night with us! A quick check of Orbitz.com shows five 3 star hotels within 6 miles of downtown Bloomfield Hills for $60 - $79 a night. As I always like to say, it's only money, right? :biggrin:

Should be a blast!

Patty
You're only young once, but you can remain immature indefinitely.

Most excellent- INS will be reeling! Looks like we're going to have THE perfect weather, too- they're talking about rain later in the week, but we have clear skies and 70's. Bring on the cannon fodder! ;)

Patty
If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough.

Tuesday night on Woodward

Don't wait until Saturday ! Last night was as good as the previous two years'Friday nights cruises. about 50% old cars. Traffic really heavy on all eight lanes ( both sides). Weather forecast is rain possible Friday & Sat. The real cruisers are already out ! Saturday afternoon is for the PT Cruisers and MOM mobiles to gawk at parked cars. Gary L. '86 "warmed up" WH-1

Woodward

Last night was awesome. Met up with about 30 other Turbo Buick owners at the Moose Preserve. There was a parade of 30 Buicks going down Woodward and everyeye on Woodward was drawn to us. How can you not notice these cars. Sounded like 30 whistles in tune playing taps to the other muscle cars.
Traffic was crazy out there on the way home. Next time we need to find some other parking lot that will not be full like that.

Hoo hoo!

I had a blast! Everyone's cars looked SO awesome, and the look of over 30 TR's in one lot, let alone swarming Woodward together, was no less than spectacular. A Cobra pulled up next to me at one point and said, "I am overdosing on high performance Buicks!" I told him there was no such thing- never too many! Haha- poor wanna be's. :cool: All of the thumbs up and pointing from the spectators and the other drivers, especially when they realize it's an army of us is just priceless. I'm STILL smilin'! :biggrin:

Patty

Man I'm so jealous of you guys. I was on my way...got to 12 and Woodward. My trans started acting up(it's on its way out) and I didn't want to risk driving it any more. Next year I WILL be there. I'm gonna take my Roadmaster out tonight though. Not nearly as cool as the GN. At least it sounds ok. I feel like one of those retards driving their SUV. :frown:

Pictures????? Video????

Anyone have pictures or Video of yesterday? That would at least make me feel a little better :)

MotorCityBuick said:
Anyone have pictures or Video of yesterday? That would at least make me feel a little better :)

I'm hoping that someone will post some pictures. I forgot my camera and was completely bummed. Had a blast......