won't run, help!!

Turbo317

heres what i got, my car is really hard to start. sometimes it kicks and starts, but will immediatly die when this happens, but to get it to do that is hard. i have a new fuel pump, filter, coil pack, chip, ecm, wires, plugs,....... im about lost on this and i have no idea what to do... i have fuel pressure, spark, injector pulse..... scanmaster is showing a code 34, but i don't see how that would cause my problem i have though??
anyhelp is greatly appreciated!!
TIA
PS. more to it, the car was running fine when i was doing my cam break in, and it quit.. i found my wires melted though the harness to the downpipe which caused my car to die, now... i fixed all my wires there and now i have my current problem, hope this helps more.

If you melted wires there is a possability that you might have shorted somthing out hopefully you have a blown fuse if not then somthing else might have gotten fryed. Try swaping the computer and see what happens.

i did swap computers with a spare i have, still same thing, i did blow 2 fuses when the harness melted thought, the ecu/ign and the ecu/sol where blown, after fixing the wires they haven't blown since... so now what should i check???

All i can think of is to follow the replaced burnt wires and see where they go and test that componet to see if it was dammaged. You didn't cross the wires when you replaced them did you?

no i fixed one wire at a time so i know i didn't cross them, well i just pulled the plugs, and cleaned them, still nothing, but a crank-crank-crank then a kick like it wants to start but doesn't, i have spark on all coils and pulse on all injectors, fuel pressure at about 38lbs when turn key on, im thinking maybe my timing could be off, is it possible that the cam sensor could've got fried?? or another ideas?

All the cam sensor is is a hall effect switch. It's like a crank sensor...inside a cap though. There is a way to jump out the cam sensor connector which will give the ecm the right stuff to start, but i can't remember it off the top of my head. it's in alldata...and maybe in a service manual flow chart of a "no start" condition. Ya really need some parameters to go by though. If ya knew the voltages required, you could check the crank & cam sensor signals etc. Can anyone fill in here??

If it were me..this is what i would do:
ecm(not just the ecm, but the two chips too)
ign module & coil
crank sensor
cam sensor

But it kinda makes no sense that you would have inj pulse and spark and it won't run. That's kinda what it takes to run. The crank crank crank kick thing sounds like an out of adjusted cam sensor though.
Wow...this is a good one.
Sorry i can't help any more....if i think of anything i'll post
Good luck!!!!

I know that if your cam sensor is off a cunt hair it won't start, just fiddle with it till it starts man!

Let's look at the obvious -
spark + fuel + air = fire
knowing you have all of these things present means you should start no problem. UNLESS:
The only other variable is TIME. Are you getting these things at the correct time? It doesn't do any good to have fire on piston 2 if you have fuel on piston 3

Start checking the timing issues. Cam sensor setting, timing chain position crank sensor etc...

think basics...are your plug wires in the correct order? Do you have *SPARK* or just spark

Since you shorted the ecm wires, there is a very good chance something might have toasted else where. The only solution to that is to trace and replace...

how do i go about testing my camsensor, or adjusting it, i got SPARK, well it sure zapped me pretty good, lol... and if something got fried wouldn't that usaully leaving mr with no spark or injector pulse?? or something like that? well what should i start with on tracing??

won't run either

Hi all I figured that I would just attach here cause I have a similar problem.( I hope I'm not being rude.) My car was running great at idle put it in gear dead. I did like everyone else and threw parts at it. problem now is no start period. This sh*t went from uh oh to oh no. set the cam sensor twice with the caspers tool no luck. My snap on scanner tells me the crank sensor not working. I have no fire to the injectors. Man I envy engine guys, I just work on transmisions. Well what do you all think cam sensor, cranksensor,no blown fuses. This didn't happen untill i removed cam cap to clean it first. When it didn't start I made sure that I didn't fubar it , and then i adjusted it. Still the same problem. By caspers directions that thing should be perfect.I am rambling and very lost right now. Thanks.

P.S. I am sorry if i seemed to jack this post I just have a similar problem.

well i tried checking my fuel pressure when cranking and it was good, i pulled the cap off the cam sensor and check the ring it was tight, i don't think the cam sensor is off because the car was running great during my cam break in before my wires got shorted, im starting to think maybe its a weak spark or the esc? could someone tell me what the esc does exactly and where it is and how to test it, also is there anyways to test the strength of my spark with a voltmeter or something like that?? i did check the volts going to the camsor, i got 6v going in, and ohms were around 2,000 * i think* well it was a number in the thousands. hopefully someone can give us clues on what we need to do AxL87...
TIA
PS. i don't think my timing chain coulda jumped cause this is a fresh motor with new timing gears and chain. could it??

ok i double checked everything, i got spark at all cylinders same with injector pulse, i sprayed carb cleaner through the throttle body and had a helper crank it, and that did not help... i did notice this however... i have a blue point spark testor, and the light on the tester would flash Bright once, then dimmer about 3 or 4 times then flash Bright again. is that normal? or should it be stronger? if a spark is weak enough will it cause a no start, like what i have????. i was thinking of getting an ignition module just to see but id like to get some other opions before i start throughing money at the car.
TIA