wont build over 7psi! help

christians87

Has anyone ever had this happen to there car? When you floor the car it doesnt build no more than 6-7 psi and while in boost it sounds like the turbo is shuttering or fluttering. Sometimes the car will just fall flat on its face once you get into boost. The motor will just want to choke down. Also when you let out of the throttle the waist gate doesnt make the same distinct "turkey gobble" noise our cars make. It makes a light psssssss if you will lol. I have never experianced this with my car so I realy dont know where to start. All and any advice i greciously accepted. Thanks.

It could be as simple as a loose intercooler hose or torn hose.

Possible the turbo has gone bad, have you taken the maf hose off yet?

BW

i would take off wastegate rod and go for a ride and if the car goes wot with no problem then it would eliminate the maf bieng the problem. then it would be either the coil pack and or module or turbo

my car is doing something similar but it only dose it when i ease into it itll boost up fine if i just punch it to the floor

checked my lines. now what??

no i havent pulled the maf pipe yet. intercooler pipeing and connections are good and tight. and the vac lines seem to be in decent shape. how would i go about disconnecting the waste gate rod? and by doing that what would i be solveing? also the car runs idles and drives just fine, its only when you start to get into the throttle to spool the turbo and build boost. thanks for all advice.

how would i go about disconnecting the waste gate rod? and by doing that what would i be solveing? also the car runs idles and drives just fine, its only when you start to get into the throttle to spool the turbo and build boost. thanks for all advice.
Your waste gate rod has a little clip, pop it off and see if the puck swings freely. It could be stuck open causing it to not make much boost.

Also make sure the wastegate rod has at least 1/8" tension on it to pull it onto the wastegate lever. Check turbo compressor wheel for any signs of rubbing the housing.

doest this make any difference?

i dont know if this makes any difference or not but when the problem started the boost psi dropped from my set 22 psi to 13 then to 10 then to 7 and now 6 psi. would that signify anything? ill try ndoing the wastegate arm tommorow to see if puck will move and also about the actuator. the actuator arm itself is supposed to move 1/8 inch when disconneced correct?

When you pull the wastegate rod off the actuator it should require a little effort to come off of the wastegate lever. Once off the lever it should take about an 1/8" of a pull to put back on to the lever,(Thats a good starting point)

make sure the wastegate selonoid on the passenger side valve cover is plugged in and working correctly. if it is clogged shut or restricted in any way it could cause too much pressure to reach the wastegate causing it to bleed off too much exhaust pressure through the wastegate hole on the turbo.

my car is doing something similar but it only dose it when i ease into it itll boost up fine if i just punch it to the floor

Hey man ik youre post hre

Hey man i saw your post, i know its old but ive got the same problem wont build actual boost when i roll into throttle only builds boost when i punch it. Did you ever solve this? What was the issue?

Hey man ik youre post hre

Hey man i saw your post, i know its old but ive got the same problem wont build actual boost when i roll into throttle only builds boost when i punch it. Did you ever solve this? What was the issue?
You realize this thread is 9 years old right? Probably best to start your own thread with all details and description kf problem. You're more likely to get help.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.