wondering about youngest driver in a TR

I was 12 when i was introduced to the GN. my uncle bought one and gave me a ride. ( i was a mustang nut:( ) man ever since then i started mowing grass and putting away everything I could to buy one. i got my big brake when i was 18 my uncle had one that had been sitting in a grage for 6 years torn apart with 81,000 miles on it and he sold it to me for 5,900$ :D to it took me and my uncle almost a year to get it on the steet. between buying "speedparts" and replaceing stuff that had gone bad from sitting about 900$ (600$ of that is my speedparts) and now that it is out im the only 20 year old in central Illnois that is crazy about these cars ( well im assumeing i am the only one if there are more please contact me.) I was also probabally one of the youngest people to take a car to bowling green and race it, that was the highlight of all highlights this year and I can't wait to do it again:D

Andy:D

Bought mine new at the GM dealer when I was 18 years old. Cost me a little over $26000 Canadian .and that was when interest rates were around 15%.I luckly had half the money for a down payment. My first car 1971 442 convertable with 19000 miles and when it got wrote off(not my fault) it had 29000 miles on it. Insurance paid me out and I kept the car and sold the rear end and the motor and what ever was still good.

Originally posted by Chris Cornett
I was 18 when I bought my first GN about 10 years ago. Let me tell you guys that every TR around here was driven by older guys. IU had several people ask me if it was my dads car. Good to see some of Americas youth knows a real car when they see it

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. But I am seventeen and ASIAN. Only Asian to have a Grand National.

Bought mine at 18,now 34 and started kicking butt in it with less than 3,000 miles on it.First victim was a 85 Mustang with mods,ex: gear,exhaust etc.He'd never seen a GN but got a really good look at the rear of it pretty quick.He got mad and went and got the guy who built it for him to bring his 78 T/A to "avenge"his loss.Well they are still looking to avenge both losses.
:D These two early wins put me as the man to beat in Union SC at the tender age of 18 with "some kinda suped up nos, twin turbo 6 cylinder"These cars were misunderstood then and still are to some people.

Well it looks like i'm old here at 20! Mom owns a car dealership so I bought a nice Intrepid cheap, drove it awhile, sold it at list price, went to my uncle who is a banker and got a loan and voila! a $10k garage queen I paid for myself. And since I have two other cars it will stay nice awhile. And other young people will agree with me here: It's not the car payment that makes it tough, it's the insurance. $2K a year for the GN and two liability beaters. The worst part is that if anything happens to it, it's instantly only going to be worth 5K to them. :rolleyes: I don't see how they can sleep at night.

bob

Brett how do you pay for both of those cars:eek: I have trouble paying for one, im 17 by the way.

How was your insurance so high. Is there a difference in the insurance if its a GN or a t-type. Mine was only $26 a month for liability when I was 17. And I have had so many tickets its not even funny. But I did community service for all them and that way it doesnt go on your record. I have no at fault wrecks though.

2100 a month for insurance for me. do you have full coverage to be paying that lilttle Justin?

Are you sure u pay 2100 a month. Because thats wut u just posted. Yea I just have liabilty and it was like almost $80 every 3 months.

I'm 16 and met a really nice guy with a 10 second grand national. He let me drive it (which has been the highlight of my life), anyways working for my dad/yamaha for 8 buck an hour under the table no taxes with help of parents and loan should be looking to buy one this summer for somewhere in the 10K to 12K range, can't wait

Brian

im 19 now and got the car when iw as 16 and pout evwery paycheck into making it fast and restoring it fromt he ground up. bweavy called it the parts car and bill anderson thought we brought it down to him for parts when in fact we were gettting the motor rebuilt.