wondering about youngest driver in a TR

GrandNational87

who is the youngest in age that is running a TR from everyone that owns one. Just thought it would be interesting to see what the age of that person would be.

i first drove my GN at age 15...got the title of it officially at age 18 when i paid my father for it...been driving it for 5 years (20 now) and never regretted one day of it:D

bought first GN w/ a 10k loan from my parents at age 15 (had permit, only could drive it w/ my dad ridint shotgun)

turned 16, than it got stolen about 10 months later. bought my 2nd car, an 86 rosewood T type. drove it for a while, (insurance paid for this car)

with my job, i finally paid off my parents for the 10k inital cost i owed them.

than i dicided to sell the rosewood car because it required too much work to square away before i could modafy it.

so before i could even sell my rosewood car i bought the limited i own now. had 2 TR's for a month or two before i sold the rosewood car.

pics of all 3 of my cars can be seen here.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/evansparer
im 18 now by the way

:cool:

The black car that is my SII race car now was purchased by me when I was only 15 after selling a '68 Camaro we restored. I never drove it daily or anything, though. It sat for a few years and then the SII project begun.

Had that thing awhile, now.

I'm 19, bought it when I was 18.

I had two small block El Camino's and a 67 Nova before the Buick.

... if I would have been smart I would have started with a Buick. Ohwell, live and learn. :D

im 17(just turned 17 on aug. 13th :D) was 16 the first time i ever raced the car. dont have a gn yet but ive drivin my dads alot.

hope to have 1 by march so i can race the highschool brakcet class :D

i'm 17, lots of luck that i got my car. I had a near perfect 75 vega my dad bot ahold of for $400, only had 28k miles (i think) when we got it, my mom drove it a while then my dad gave it to me when i turned 16, all i had to do was pay for whatever i wanted to do to it. so i got ahold of another vega gt and changed all the gt parts and it ended up a very nice looking car. I had always liked gn's and i was looking for one and then realized that i might be able to afford a t-type, so i decided to sell my vega, put it on ebay and it ended up selling for $2800 to someone in Pa. I talked my dad into lending me the rest of the money for a gn, we ended up buying one for $6k i think, it has something like 120k miles and its not in the best of shape, but runs great, when it runs right. i kept on looking for some reason, and found another in alabama, looked great, and the guy only wanted $4850 for it, so we ended up buying that one too, so my dad decided to keep the first one, i took the 2nd one and I am workign on paying my dad back. unfortunatly i'm finding out stuff about the car that would be part of the reason he let it go so cheap, its constantly needing new parts, stuff is breaking constantly, but slowly its becoming a lot better car.

i am now 18, but i got it when i was 17. not runnin yet though:rolleyes: . but it should be some time relatively soon...;)

-jeff

For a while their I was thinking everyone was older that owns one. Im 18 and loving the car. Anyone of you going to the West Coast Nationals wouldnt mind seeing some people more my age that knows about the TRs.

I was 18 when I bought my first GN about 10 years ago. Let me tell you guys that every TR around here was driven by older guys. IU had several people ask me if it was my dads car. Good to see some of Americas youth knows a real car when they see it

when i was in eighth grade there was a senior at the high school who drove a 87 limited. come to find out 3 years later when i buy my project that it is the son of one of the local TR guys(his buick did a 10.XX).

-jeff

Whoa! I thought I would be the young owner at 24. Bought my TTA last year from a good friend, wanted one ever since I was 16 and got a ride in it... ended up buying the one that I got the ride in. :)

can't really say im the youngest but I started working and saving sense i was 15 to buy my 1986 GN off of my fater. He made me wait till i was 20 years old to drive it, and to get my license! :D But worth the wait in every way:cool:

Originally posted by GrandNational87
For a while their I was thinking everyone was older that owns one. Im 18 and loving the car. Anyone of you going to the West Coast Nationals wouldnt mind seeing some people more my age that knows about the TRs.

Hey im 21 and planning on going....look for a new thread about young TR drivers and the West Coast Nationals, we should all kick it so we dont have to kick it with the old folks haha :p

Officially got mine when I got out of High school(19). I thought I would of been one of the youngest guys on the board at 20 now.

hey chris

just be glad there are some old people around so you know the tr do's and donts

shawn

I first drove my first Turbo Buick (87 T) when I was 15 (with a learner's permit) w/ my dad in the car.
The day I turned 16, I started driving it solo. I drove it for 3 years.
I'm 26 now, and have owned 3.

Ross

I started looking for a TR when I was 15 and then after saving my money and looking for a year. I found my WE4. Had it ever since now im 18.