Women in a Cobalt SS

FlintBuick4Life

CHINAmerica...
So I was cruising in the '78 Regal tpday, headed to Home Depot to get some stuff and I decided to go to the one just out of town and haul ass down this back road that is a straight shot 55 mph road. I was going about 100 or so:eek: and flew past Home Depot. I was having too much fun, so I kept going about a mile or so.

I finally turned around and was waiting for this light to turn green, a lady pulled up in her Cobalt SS... after I LOL`ed at her:biggrin: I revved the engine a couple of times, she looked over at me, looked back at the light... it turned green and she sped off on me:eek: I didn`t think she was going to race me, so I wasn`t ready... I caught up quick(cause it`s a FKin Cobalt) and flew past her and left her ass in the dust:D

Not really a fast car to beat, but considering I have a N/A Edelbrock setup in it right now(not for long) and we have about the same HP:rolleyes: It was an ok kill... I usually go for any small V8, but I just couldn`t let a chick in a Cobalt beat me:biggrin:

Funny. Nice kill. I remember the first time I went to the track and there was a cobalt ss in the inspection area with me. I was very intimidated by everything as this was my first time through. Anyway this guy kept saying how fast his car was and telling me everything he did to. He said it was real hard to get any traction and the car would spin off the road in 3rd gear. Well as luck would have it I lined up against him. In the car with me was some guy who in the stands asked if he could ride down the track with me in my car as he loved GN’s. I’m at the light trying to figure out how they work and nervous as all getup this stupid cobalt is going to be showing me his tail lights. Just then the light goes green. It was not even close to any kind of a race. I pulled up to pick up to grab my time slip where they politely told me to slow down, ditch the passenger, get helmet, or go home. :biggrin:

Nice. At-least you won on your first time at a track... I went back in '03(my first time on the track) with my uncle in the car, a trunk full of tools, 16" spare wheel/tire, a bumper jack, 2 tire irons, amps/speakers and a bad(leaking) oil pump... I was doomed from the start:rolleyes: I just went for fun. I got killed by every car I raced:( That wont happen when I get this beast finished, well it`s never finished, but you get the idea:biggrin:

I'm waiting till next summer before I go to the track...There is a kid at my school with Daddy's Vette wanting to race me but I don't think I will..He is betting his GF lol..And she looks good so I might..Holy **** I'm the guy from Fast and Furious!

Expecting the unexpected makes the unexpected expected... so next time expect everything. ;)

Stock turbos are normally good for mid-12s I'd say. On 93 octane & meth, with high timing and a good launch; I ran a 11.980@111.51 with mine back in '08. Stock ported turbo & IC, stock convertor and trans, and original 109 motor with basic stuff. And that was through the Hooker exhaust. Ive since stepped the game up lol.

As far as the boost controller goes, you cant go wrong with the RJC. It works great. I know my TE-62 comes up instantly on a launch.

And yes, TurboTweak chips do work pretty well.

Buy some head gaskets while your at it. Turning up the wick and not supporting it with fuel = coolant in oil/oil in coolant....not smart.

Chips and boost controllers are two totally separate things.

RJC manual boost controller adjusts boost.
TT chip is just that. A programmable ECU prom that lets you mess with fuel, timing and lock up.

Before you show your a s s to a vette, make sure the car is running right and can safely support what you ask it to do.

This is sounding like a F&F thread.

What is a good boost controller?I want me a new GF lol.

A lot of people are using TT chips(turbotweak.com). I guess they work pretty well.

Buy some head gaskets while your at it. Turning up the wick and not supporting it with fuel = coolant in oil/oil in coolant....not smart.

TT chip is just that. A programmable ECU prom that lets you mess with fuel, timing and lock up.

Before you show your a s s to a vette, make sure the car is running right and can safely support what you ask it to do.

....all of the above and make sure you are monitoring things in the very least with a good boost gauge and a ScanMaster.

If you can...invest in a Datlogging tool too.
Datalogging is smart since you can review an entire run rather than just one second of it with your ScanMaster...

A snotty lil' Cobalt SS got a stay of execution this morning since my GN is down for a nonfunctioning Powermaster...I can still go....just can't stop....

No need to talk to me like I'm dumb I know what supporting mods I will need..And I know the difference between a chip and a MBC..I have been into turbos and cars long before this thing came along..I was just askign what BRAND he would recommend..

No need to talk to me like I'm dumb I know what supporting mods I will need..And I know the difference between a chip and a MBC..I have been into turbos and cars long before this thing came along..I was just askign what BRAND he would recommend..

Excellent.